Chapter 12

luke is going to be sorta weird/different in this update, he's just having one of those days. Idk if you what i'm talking about but I hope you do? I hope you've noticed that his mood changes ALL THE TIME

Luke's POV

Since video chatting, I've been missing something a lot.

Fifa.

I don't even know why I miss it. I never really enjoyed playing it. I think it's because it's something Calum and I did together, and I miss Calum. I guess playing it might make me feel closer to home.

Is that stupid?

I've been pacing the hallway for the past few minutes, debating whether or not to leave the house. I figured that Ashton might have Fifa, or some other game that will keep me busy. I don't want to play with Ashton, but, well, he's my only chance. The Fifa withdrawals are giving me anxiety, and I'm not really sure why.

Is this what homesickness is? Or am I going insane?

I'm already insane, actually.

When I want to do something, it usually causes me to have to do it. I get jittery and anxious if I don't, so I'm sort of forced to do whatever it is. Today, it's Fifa. Something like this has happened in awhile. I don't like when it happens because I get completely wrapped up in thinking about it. It's usually something that connects to Delia, but today it's Calum.

I can live without Fifa.

But I want to play it.

I don't need to play it.

Yes, I need to play Fifa.

I'm a mess.

I finally run down the stairs and open the door. My hand stays on the knob a little bit before I walk outside. I take the first few steps down my driveway and stop.

This is weird. This is really weird. Is it weird?

I shake my head and continue walking to Ashton's. Good thing my Dad wasn't home, or he would've questioned me. He's been trusting me a little more with being alone. He leaves to do quick errands, he's never gone too long. I understand why he's afraid to leave me alone. I'm unpredictable.

When I get to Ashton's, he isn't outside like I hoped he would be. I hesitatingly ring the door bell and wait for him to answer. After a few seconds, an unfamiliar face opens the door. I'm guessing it's his mom.

“Hi, can I help you?” she asks.

I open and shut my mouth, unsure of what to do. It's not like I'll speak to her, and she is expecting an answer. I bite on my lip ring and pull out my phone to type something. I pass it to her, I don't want the robotic voice to speak. That surprises some people, and I'm trying to make this less awkward than it has to be.

Is Ashton here?

“Ashton is at school. He should be home soon. Do you mind me asking who you are?” she says, raising an eyebrow suspiciously. She probably expects me to be at school too.

I forgot all about school. I should've realized that's where Ashton would be.

Thankfully, Ashton pulls up in his car. He grabs his bag and gets out, drumming his fingers against the door. He notices me standing at his front door, and he looks surprised.

“Hey, Luke! What are you doing here?” he asks, walking over to us. “Mom, this is Luke. He's Andrew's son.”

“Oh, nice to meet you! Ashton told me about you moving in,” she says. I feel my cheeks heat up, slightly embarrassed. I wonder what Ashton said about me.