Chapter 13

Delilah's POV 

I'm woken up to a sudden jumping on my bed. I open my eyes slowly to see Ashton looking down at me, his face a few inches from mine.

“Ashton, what are you doing here? What time is it?” I mumble, turning my head.

“Luke is missing,” he says quietly.

He gets off of me and stares at me. I check the time, and it's 10:52.

“What do you mean he's missing?”

He shrugs. “Andrew called me a few minutes ago. He said Luke wasn't in his room, and his window was open.”

I sit silently for a little. Ashton has been hanging out with Luke more ever since the other day, I guess they're friends. I'm not really sure, Ashton doesn't really tell my about Luke, mostly because he thinks I don't want to have anything to do with him.

“I'm worried, Del,” Ashton whispers.

“It'll be okay. He couldn't have gone too far.”

“You don't know Luke. None of us do, really. He could be anywhere.”

I chew on the inside of my cheek and rest my head on my hand.

“I was with him last night. He seemed fine.”

“You were with him again?” I wonder what Luke and Ashton do. Luke doesn't seem to want to do much.

“Yeah. Andrew trusts me with Luke. What if I did something?”

“Ash, I'm sure you didn't do anything.”

He shrugs. “Will you help me look for him?”

I nod slowly. Luke may not be my friend, but Ashton is my best friend. I know he'd help me with anything.

I may also be worried for Luke too. Don't tell Ashton.

I quickly get dressed, and we head out to look for Luke. We packed some waters, food, and flashlights. We could be looking for Luke all day.

Ashton and I decide to split up. Andrew and Ashton are driving through town, so I've decided to look through the neighborhood. Maybe he just left for a walk or something.

I highly doubt that though.

After half an hour, no one has found Luke. I've asked neighbors, I've gone through yards, I've even checked sheds. He's nowhere.

I try to think of all the places I've seen Luke. There's not many. There's the therapist's, his house, Ashton's house, and the park.

The park! I can't believe I didn't check there sooner. I run down to the park and search for Luke. It can't be that hard to find a 6 foot tall boy dressed in all black, right?

He's not in the obvious places like the swings or the slide. I check the basketball field, but he's not there either. I head towards the fenced off area, and I see Luke hidden in a bunch of trees. He's hugging his legs into him and looking down. I crawl through the huge opening in the fence that's been there forever. I quietly walk over to Luke, not wanting to scare him like last time. As I get closer, I can hear him crying.

“Luke?” I whisper.

He looks up at me through the trees, his eyes red and swollen. His cheeks are rosy and blotchy and tears stain his face. His band shirt is all wrinkled and dirt covers his jeans.

When he sees me, he quickly gets up and starts to run. He runs fast, quickly getting further away from me and deeper into the trees.

I run after him, worried for his safety. He's clearly upset about something, and he could do anything to himself.