Chapter 23

(read the last like 2 sentences of the previous update if you forget what happened. but basically lucy is asleep and delilah asked luke if he wants skittles)

Luke's POV

Delilah looks around her whole house searching for skittles. They must keep a secret stash at all times or something, because she always has them.

I'm sitting on the couch, waiting for her to come back. I look around the room, even though I was here a few days ago. I notice things I hadn't paid attention to last time, like the family photo on the wall or the scribbled drawing made by Lucy that's on the coffee table.

On top of the drawing it says Luke. The "k" is backwards.

I pick it up and look at it. She's made my hair very tall, and my legs very long. All my clothes are black, but there's a rainbow behind me and a crown on my head. There's a tiny, yellow sun in the corner, and it has a big smile and sunglasses.

I think I'm smiling wider than the sun is while I look at the drawing.

I hear the door open and put the picture back down on the table.

"Delilah, I meant to tell you earlier that I'm leaving tomorrow but I- You're not Delilah," Noah says when he sees me sitting on the couch.

I shake my head.

"Where is she?" he asks.

I shrug and point down the hall.

Noah shrugs his shoulders too, and he sits beside me on the couch.

"So, how's it going?" he asks.

I shrug.

He points to the picture. "Did you see what Lucy made you? I think she has a crush on you," he says, laughing.

I nod and smile.

"I think she likes you more than Delilah does," he says.

I look at him with wides eyes, confused as to what he just said.

"Crap, I hope Delilah didn't just hear me say that," he says, putting his hand to his head.

I tilt my head to the side, still shocked.

"Don't act like you don't know," Noah says.

I scrunch my face in confusion.

"You seriously don't know? Are you really that oblivious? Before she even said anything I could tell she liked you when you came over!"

She said something? About me?

"Do you like her?" he asks quietly.

Delilah walks in just then, happily holding a bag of skittles. "I found some!" she says excitedly. She notices Noah beside me, who is still looking at me to answer him.

I don't answer.

"When'd you get home?" she asks him.

"Just now. And now I'm going to go," he says. He nudges my shoulder a little and gives a small thumbs up before leaving the room.

What is that supposed to mean?

Maybe Delilah said something that was about me, not necessarily about liking me. I don't think she could possibly like me. I'm pretty sure she hates me, actually.

I hate me too.

She plops down beside me and smiles widely. She pours some skittles into her hand and then gives some to me.

"Sorry about Noah and Lucy, if they bug you," she says quietly.

I shrug and chew on the skittles in my mouth.