Chapter 25

Zayn P.O.V

“Hey baby!” Helen exclaims, as she runs up to me from sitting on the sofa, engulfing me into a hug as soon as I open the door, my bags fall to the floor with the impact of the hug. As her warm, petite body hits mine, she buries her head into my chest, just like how Hailey use to.

“Hey,” I smile, kissing the top of her head and taking a lock of her pin straight brown hair in-between my fingers and playing with it.

“I missed you,” she whispers into my chest, holding me even more tightly, I missed you, did I miss her? Did I really miss Helen when I was on tour, is it harsh to say I missed Hailey more, and I have done for two years, ever since she left. I’ve missed her ever since her lips left mine for the last time, I knew it would be the last time I would see her again.

“I missed you too,” I lie, releasing her from the hug, I take my bags and put them up in my room, this is my house, but I gave Helen the keys for some stupid reason. Its crazy not being home a lot, I moved out of my house where I lived with my mum, a month or two after Hailey left. One reason was because of all the memories I had there with Hailey and two because I knew I had to move out sooner or later, and I preferred sooner. I still have all Hailey's things that she left at the old house, her tops, shoes, bottoms everything, its all stored away in the back of my wardrobe out of Helen’s sight, but when I went on tour, I took it all with me, so in a way Hailey was still with me.

“I made your favourite? Chicken and chips!” Helen explains, following me up the stairs into my room. The room is the same size to my old one, it could easily fit a queen sized bed, and it has an en suite like my old room too. But the only difference with this room is that there are no memories of Hailey, but there are loads of memories with Helen. The thing is I don't know if I love Helen, I know I love Hailey, but I do like Helen a lot. Everyone tells me how it should go back to Zailey, as the fans call it. It’s crazy because Hailey and I dated way before I became famous, yet everyone knows about us. To be honest, I wished it went back to ‘Zailey’ too, but I know there isn’t a chance in hell that it will happen. None of the boys have heard from her since she left, though I would have thought Hailey would have kept in contact with Louis, as they were super close, but she hasn’t.

“Did you hear me Zayn? I have made chicken and chips, your favourite!” Helen repeats, as I place my two suitcases and a travel bag in the middle of the floor, taking in my surroundings, oh how I wish my life went back to when Hailey was around.

“Err, sorry Helen, but I'm a little tired, you know long flight and all, I'll eat it later, I want to sleep right now.” I lie, as I lay down on the bed resting my head on the blue covered pillow on the right side of my double bed.

“Oh, ok well I'll sit with you, until you fall asleep, yeah?” she offers, sitting down beside me, resting her hand on my waist. Its wired I remember at the touch of Hailey, my skin would tingle and goose bumps would cover my body, but with Helen there isn’t anything, no spark, no tingling feeling, no butterflies. Is this even a relationship?

“No, its fine seriously, go eat your tea I'll be down later,” I insist, continuing to look at the blank wall in front of me, Helen didn’t reply, but she got up off the bed and walked out the room. Hesitating at the door frame but continued and did what I asked.

It’s crazy, when I sleep, or when I'm awake all I think about is Hailey, why am I still in love with her, when it’s been two years? What kills even more is, this boy Jed, her new boyfriend, by what I’ve seen on twitter and face book, it’s a pretty serious relationship. Nothing like what Hailey and I had, I thought our relationship was so real, even in those short 4 months of it. I know it went quick, that’s for sure, but I treasure every single moment of it in my, reliving her touch, her kisses, her laugh and her smile, reliving every moment I had with her over and over in my head.