Chapter 16

Hailey's P.O.V

“I’ve had enough of this Zayn! Your behaviour, your attitude! The promises you made me, saying how you are going to start behaving, you were lying! This is the 6th time you have been excluded this year!” Zayn's mum bellowed at him,

“Mum, it isn’t my fault!” Zayn argued, running his hand through his hair clearly getting frustrated. He told me not to tell his mum that it was me that came up with bunking off, because he didn’t want me getting into trouble. But being sat on the sofa, listening to Zayn and his mum having a screaming match as soon as she comes home from work, I just want to tell the truth.

“Who’s fault is it then Zayn?!” his mum ranted, this is the point where I want to stand up and admit that its my fault, but I know Zayn doesn’t want me too.

“Look, I know I shouldn’t of bunked off ok, I know I should be focusing on my education and I know that I promised you. But I am focusing on my school work, I have been studying loads!”

“Why don't I believe you Zayn?” his mum questioned.

“Its true,” I spoke out, looking up at his mum with a pleading look,

“What do you mean Hailey?” his mum asked confusedly, looking directly at me frowning.

“It’s nothing.” Zayn butted in, just as I opened my mouth to speak,

“No, it’s not nothing, its not Zayn's fault, its mine, I didn’t want to go to school, and at home I'm use to just staying at home and not going in when I don't want too. Zayn wanted to make sure I was ok so he stayed with me, it isn’t his fault, its mine.” I explained, standing up and standing in-between the two of them, looking at his mum. She frowned, and then rubbed her arm looking down at the floor.

“Ok, I'm sorry Zayn, for blaming you, but why didn’t you ask me to write you either a note, or ring up the school?” she tested us, looking between Zayn and i.

“Because you’re never around mum! You weren’t there that morning, and we couldn’t text you or ring you, because you never reply!” Zayn shouted; hurt clearly glowing in his eyes. His mum didn’t reply to this, but just walked out the house, just went, like she didn’t have words to reply, or she couldn’t reply to him.

Zayn walked off into the garden, slamming the door as he went, leaving me standing awkwardly in the middle of the living room, not knowing what to do, or where to go. Following Zayn, I walk through the clean kitchen, and through the back door, walking on the gravel, into the wooden shed at the back of the garden, where Zayn is sat in.

“I'm... sorry,” I stutter, breaking the silence that lingered between us, as Zayn is sat on the sofa, and I stood at the door, I'm not sure whether he knew I am stood here or not.

“For what?” Zayn questioned, scrunching his eyebrows up, looking at me,

“For causing the arguments.” I answered, like it was the most obvious question in the world,

“Come here,” he requested, holding out his hand, I take it gladly, Zayn pulls me into his lap, then turning me around so I'm facing him.

“You didn’t cause any arguments ok?” Zayn reassured me,

“But I did...” I corrected him. His eyes are so mesmerizing, whenever I look into them; they make me feel like I'm in a whole other world. The way they glisten in the light, the way they make me melt from the inside out, the way the make my knees wobble. Its so hard to resist them, its like once you look into them, you’re locked to them and you just can't look away.