Chapter 18

Hailey's P.O.V

“You know, if you want to go for a swim, I suggest you take off your clothes, you’re going to get soaked!” Zayn commented, winking at me.

“Hmm, we only live 5 minutes away from your house, I'll just walk home wet,” I shrugged, tying up my hair into a ponytail , then running into the warm, salty substance named the sea. “You not coming?” I asked, looking back to the sand where Zayn is stood.

“No, I can't swim remember?” Zayn reminded me, looking down at his feet as he said it,

“Come on, you wont drown, look just sit here with me?” I replied, running back onto the land, taking Zayn's hand and sitting him down in the sea.

“I hate you,” Zayn glared at me, as the sea runs over his tanned legs,

“You’re so nice to me.” I commented back, rolling my eyes at his smirk that grew across his face.

“I'm joking,” he confessed, leaning over and kissing my check. “I didn’t realise how relaxing the sea is,” he added.

“I know,” I agreed watching as the sea crashes over my legs then withdrawals back.

Zayn snakes his arm round my waist and pulls me into his wet body, then I rest my head on his shoulder as we listen to the sea crash against the land. The suns shining high in the sky, there isn’t a cloud in sight, the beach is bare, no one here except Zayn and I.

Zayn sighs loudly, and then looks down at me, smiling a little then returning his glaze to the horizon. “What’s wrong?” I asked, frowning, lifting my head of his shoulder, then sitting so I am sat directly in front of him. The wave’s crash against my back coolingly as the sun also burns it too.

“It’s just, I got a text yesterday, I didn’t say anything, but I don't want to lose you...” Zayn sighed, looking down at his knees.

“What do you mean, lose me? What text?”

“Harry... he texted me yesterday, telling me to back away from you, and you’re his. I don't want to lose you, I can't lose you!”

“Zayn... you aren’t going to lose me, you know I don't like Harry, I like you! I'm not leaving you!”

“But he is determined; he is going to get you!”

“Well he isn’t getting me,” I murmured into his ear, as I sit down on Zayn's lap, I kiss his cheek and take his hand, squeezing it tightly, and reassuringly.

“I can't lose you,” Zayn mumbles into my ear,

“You’re not going to!” I whisper back, kissing his cheek again. “now, I want some ice cream, do you?” I added, smiling at Zayn as he smiles back, nodding. We stand up from the sea, and walk on to the land again.

“I’ll go get them, what flavour?” Zayn told me, smiling,

“Umm, whatever I don't mind,” I replied, sitting down on the beach, he nods, grabbing his phone fro the ground and walks over towards the ice cream parlour round the corner from where I am.

I lay back onto the sand, closing my eyes, my arms resting across my eyes, guarding them from the blinding light coming from the sky. Then the light that was shining through my eyelids, disappeared, like the sun has gone it, opening my eyes, there stood Harry, standing over me and smirking.

“And what do you want?” I snarled sitting up,

“Zayn already left you? He is no good for you.” Harry snapped, sitting down beside me, his arms touching mine, causing my skin to crawl.