16 ~ sneak attack

Gabriel sat on his desk. Missy Bradford, one of his classmates, kept on talking to him, which annoyed him.

A few minutes after Missy began talking to him, Riley and Maya entered the classroom.

"Hey," Gabriel greeted them.

"Hi," Riley responded.

"Yo," Maya said.

Gabriel looked at them, confused.

Class soon started.

"Sneak attack," Cory said. "December 7th, 1941."

"A date which will live in infamy," Farkle said.

"A date? They're going on a date? In Italy?" Riley asked.

Gabriel was confused on what's going on with Riley. She's been acting oddly since they worked on their assignment in the library earlier in the week.

"No, honey. You're in History," Maya said.

"I'm history?" Riley asked.

"Okay, put your hand up," Maya said. She lifted Riley's arm.

"Yes, Riley? You have a pertinent observation on the subject of the sneak attack?" Cory asked.

"'May I be excused?'"

"My eyes see my shoes," Riley said.

Cory looked at Riley, confused.

Maya looked at Cory and pointed at Missy and Gabriel.

"Yes, Riley, you may be excused," Cory said.

"Forever?"

"No, you have to come back to class at some point, honey. You just have to," Cory said. Riley then left the class.

"It was another sunny day in paradise, before the sneak attack that changed everything," Cory said.

Riley peeled out from the window and spied on Missy and Gabriel.

"Do you like the movies? Dark at the movies," Missy asked.

"It depends on the movie," Gabriel said, looking ahead. "And it depends on who I'm going with," he looked.

"Scary movies? I get scared at scary movies," Missy said. "You'll take care of me though, right?"

Riley pressed her nose onto the window. The only reason Gabriel agreed to go to the movies with Missy is so she can get off his case, but he was wrong.

"People who had viewed themselves as safe, no longer had any security at all," Cory continued.

"Just you and me, Missy?" Gabriel asked.

"Just you and me, Gabe," Missy confirmed. She then tapped Gabriel's nose. "Boop."

Riley entered the classroom.

"Boop?" Riley asked Missy. "That's the best you got?"

"Please be cool, please be cool, please be cool," Maya repeated.

"You don't think that I can do boop?" Riley asked.

"How bad do you think this is gonna be?" Maya asked Farkle.

"I think you should have some faith in our Riley," Farkle said.

"I can do boop like you've never seen. Boop!" Riley said. She turned to Lucas to tap his nose but accidentally sticks her finger in Gabriel's nose. "Does anybody see this?"

"Everybody sees this," Missy said.

"Take your finger out!" Maya said.

"Can't. Can't move. Scared," she paused. "Do you think Gabe knows?"