22 ~ back to boston

Gabriel listened to music on the car ride back to Boston. He wondered what his friends would say when they saw him again. They would they be happy? Would they be mad? So many questions passed through his head on the car ride back.

He was scared to see them. He was scared to see how his friends will react to see him.

They finally arrived to their old home in Boston. They unloaded the car and entered with their things. They spent most of the day unpacking their belongings and went grocery shopping.

By dinner time, they were done.

"Why don't you go and meet up with your friends?" Grant asked his son.

"I don't know," Gabriel lied. "I'm not feeling it today."

"Do you want to hang? Just you and me?" Grant asked. "Justin and Emma went to meet up with their friends. It's just you and me."

"Sure," Gabriel said, a small smile appearing on his face.

Gabriel and Grant went to the nearby movie theater to watch the Captain America movie that was released early in the year. One thing Grant liked about the movie theaters here is that a movie could've been released the previous year and they would still play it a year later.

Grant remembered how Gabriel was obsessed with the Marvel movies and the Star Wars movies. He knew he'd want to go watch one of those movies.

"Hi, uh, two tickets to Captain America: The Winter Soldier," Grant requested.

Gabriel stared at his father, wondering how he remembered that Captain America: The Winter Soldier is his favorite Marvel movie.

"How did you remember?" Gabriel asked.

"How did I remember what?" Grant asked as they went to get snacks.

"How did you remember that I like superhero movies?"

"Well, I remember your mother taking you to all the Marvel movies when it was released since the first Iron Man movie when you were seven," Grant said. "And I knew that they released a new movie so I thought, why not take you to the movie? And I didn't know the new Captain America movie was your favorite."

"Well, it is," Gabriel said. "My friends and I went to watch it when it was first released."

"Even Riley and Maya?"

"No, they didn't come," Gabriel said as they got into line. "It was just me, Justin, Lucas, and Farkle."

"Farkle," Grant said. "That's one weird name."

"Tell me about it," Gabriel said. Gabriel turned his head to spot one of his childhood friends, Caleb.

"Is that Caleb?"

"Yeah, it is," Gabriel confirmed.

"Why don't you go over to him?"

"I - I don't know," Gabriel said. "I - I don't think it's a good idea."

"Why not?"

"Dad, Caleb has been barely talking to me since I got expelled from school here," Gabriel explained.

"Oh," Grant said. "Still, go talk to him."

"You think I should?"

"Yeah, I think so," Grant said. "Go talk to him," he encouraged. "I'll get your popcorn. You want popcorn, right?"

"Yeah, salt popcorn," Gabriel confirmed. "And Sprite and these," Gabriel quickly grabbed a box of Watermelon Sour Patch Kids.

Grant took the box of candy from his son.

"Alright, go talk to Caleb," Grant said.

Gabriel nodded.

Gabriel slowly walked over to his old best friends.

"H - hey, guys," Gabriel greeted them.

"Gabriel?" Caleb said in surprise.

"Hey, Caleb," Gabriel said. "And I kinda go by Gabe now."

"Gabe," Caleb nodded.

"Where did you go?" Sam, another one of his friends, asked. "I heard you moved away."

"I - I did," Gabriel confirmed. "We moves to New York."

"New York?" Caleb repeated.

"Yeah," Gabriel nodded.

"What is it like?" Sam asked.

"Alright," Gabriel asked. "Why haven't you guys been returning my calls or texts? And my dad said that he told your parents you guys can visit."

"Sorry, man," Caleb said. "We just thought we should give you our space."

"Space?" Gabriel repeated. "Space from what?"

"Dude, we thought that since what happened, you wanted to be alone," Sam said.

"What made you think that?" Gabriel asked.

"You would consistently lash out," Sam reminded him.

"Oh, yeah, true," Gabriel said.

"Since what happened, you've been angry all the time," Caleb added. "And we were a little afraid that you'd lash out on us."

"I'm working on it, I promise," Gabriel said.

"You are?" Sam said.

Caleb sighed in relief. "Good."

Gabriel nodded.

"So, which movie are you guys heading to?" Gabriel asked.

"We're going to watch Edge of Tomorrow," Sam said. "What are you going to watch?"

"Oh, my dad and I are going to watch the new Captain America movie," Gabriel said. Gabriel glanced over to his father, who was now walking over to trio. "He's coming now. I'll, uh, I'll see you later."

"Bye."

"See ya."

Gabriel walked over to his father.

"How did things go?"

"Good," Gabriel said, talking his snacks from his father.

"I was hoping I would talk to Sam and Caleb," Grant admitted.

"They're watching another movie, Dad," Gabriel said.

The two entered the screening room and took their seats before the previews started.