20 ~ first date

Gabriel shut his locker door and began to head to class when Cory shut the door on Gabriel.

"Not today, Chachi," Lucas said.

Gabriel began to open the door with Cory behind him. It was a struggle, but Gabriel managed to open the door.

"Sir, you've known me all year," Gabriel reasoned. "You like me, admit it."

"I don't wanna," Cory said.

"I'm one of the good kids. What are you so afraid of?" Gabriel asked.

"Okay," Cory said.

He turned his attention to teaching the class.

Gabriel took his seat behind Riley.

Cory erased Belgium from the board.

Farkle stood up with a Belgium shirt and flag.

"No!"

"Okay, guys. It's the seventh grade spring fever, which leads to dating, which leads to movies, which leads to popcorn, which leads to putting your hands together in the dark touching popcorn, which leads to holding hands, which leads to that!" Cory said, pointing at Yogi and Darby. "Oh, I am not ready for this," Cory picked up Yogi and separated him from Darby. "Come with me. Come Here. Come on, no, come one. Come with me," Cory turned his attention to his daughter. "Riley, I am begging you stay in Neverland, okay? No growing up."

Cory placed Yogi on his desk.

Farkle raised his hand.

"What do you want?"

"The way I see it, I'm in an interesting position here."

"How do you figure, Farkle?" Cory asked.

"Let's approach this as a scientific equation. You're scared of Gabriel going out with Riley, right?" Farkle asked.

"Oh, does it show?" Cory scoffed.

"Yeah," Farkle said. "Look at him. Girls think he's adorable and he's a good guy."

"He's like, five!"

"Hey, I don't look that young," Gabriel said.

"Give your daughter to me," Farkle said. "I'll give you four oxen and my best milking cow."

Cory looked back at Gabriel then to Farkle.

"Are you actually thinking about this?" Riley asked.

"It's a good deal," Cory smiled.

"I will decide who I go on my first date with at such time as somebody asks me," Riley said.

Gabriel hesitantly raised his hand.

Riley became excited.

***

"Girls have it easy," Farkle said.

"You're telling me," Gabriel agreed.

"Yeah," Lucas siad. "We gotta do all the asking."

"All they have to say is no."

"They can say yes," Lucas said.

"They could do that?"

"Yeah, they can," Gabriel confirmed.

"You know what I was afraid of?"

"Hm?"

"What?"