41 ~ legacy

"Legacy," Cory Matthews said in his History class. He noticed that a goose was at Farkle's seat instead of Farkle. "Why is Farkle a goose?" Cory asked.

"That's the Einstein Academy's goose," Riley explained.

"Oh, of course," Cory said. "The Einstein Academy goose. Why is it on Farkle's desk?"

"Einstein captured Farkle," Maya said.

"It was their end of year prank," Lucas added.

"So, since they took our mascot -" Caleb said.

"We took theirs and now, we're even," Riley finished.

"Gabriel?" Cory turned to Gabriel.

"I wasn't a part of this, sir," Gabriel said. "I didn't even know they were even going to do this."

"What would you call him?" Maya asked.

"Where's Zay?" Cory said to Lucas. "They took Zay too?"

"Zay's back in Texas," Lucas said. "he's at Vanessa's spring formal."

"Oog," Riley and Maya said in unison. 

"All right, guys. Listen up," Cory said to his class. "It's your last week of school. This is my last chance to teach you something."

"Do you have more to teach us?" Maya asked.

"I have so much more I wanna teach you," Cory said. "So much more. I mean, you guys are gonna be leaving this place. What will you be leaving behind? What is your legacy? I wanna talk about not just what you've gotten from this place, but what you've given."

"He's right," Maya said to her friends. "We still haven't thought of our class prank! I was thinking we could let all of the air out of school. Everybody would just be like-" she made a choking sound. "That'd be hi-larious."

Farkle entered the classroom.

"I'll tell you what's hi-larious," Farkle said. He notices the goose on his desk. "Nobody saved me! Why did nobody save me?"

"Farkle, we looked for you for a whole five minutes, and then we took the goose," Riley said. 

"I would've come to save you, Farkle, but I didn't know this happened to you," Gabriel said. 

"He's the new you," Maya said.

"Donnie Barnes, regular goose," Lucas said. 

"I'd see that movie," Cory said.

"Me too," Caleb said. 

"I believe you, Gabe," Farkle said to Gabriel. He turned to Cory, Maya, Lucas, and Caleb. "And please, Farkle cannot be replaced by a goose. Farkle is unique and one of a kind," he then turned to the goose. "Hah!"

The goose hoked at Farkle. 

"You don't know me."

***

Gabriel and Harper walked down the hall.

"You're graduating middle school," Harpe said.

"Yeah," Gabriel said. "I can't believe I'm leaving this place."

"I've only been teaching you for a few months, I'm sad to see you go," Harper said.

"Me too," Gabriel said. 

They arrived outside Cory's classroom.