epilogue

Years passed since finishing middle school. Gabriel Miller graduated from high school and college. With an English degree, it wasn't easy to find a job. He started off as an editor for a local newspaper. He worked there for a few years while he worked on a few of his own novels and got them published. They did pretty well.

The published books got him to work for a movie and television studio. He worked there as a screenwriter. The job paid really well. The movies he wrote did well in the box officer.

He stayed in contact with his friends over the years. He didn't get to see them as often as he'd like, but he was still able to call and text them. He never ended up with Riley. Shortly after finishing middle school, he moved on. He and Riley both realized that they're better off as friends rather than a couple.

While he was in college, he met someone else, who he had fallen for. They're still together to this day. Gabriel and his girlfriend, Olivia, moved in together in Los Angeles, California. They would visit their families whenever they can.

Gabriel and Olivia both had to go to New York for their work. While they were there, they stayed in Gabriel's old house. They both stayed in Gabriel's old house. Grant still lived in New York for work.

"I haven't been to New York in so long," Gabriel said. "My dad is always visiting us."

"Yeah," Olivia agreed. "Do your friends still live here?"

"Yeah, they do, except for Caleb," Gabriel said. "He moved back to Boston."

"How come you never considered going back to Boston?" Olivia asked her boyfriend.

"I don't know," Gabriel shrugged. "When I was twelve, I would've done anything to move back there, but now... I don't know. I love California. As much as I love Boston, Los Angeles is great."

"Yeah, it is," Olivia agreed.

They got the Topanga's.

"This is where my friends and I used to hang out all the time," Gabriel told Olivia. "It was pretty much our spot."

"It's really nice," Olivia said.

"I'll order us drinks," Gabriel said.

Olivia nodded and sat down.

Gabriel walked over to the counter.

"Hi, Katy," Gabriel greeted the waitress.

"I'm sorry, but do I know you?" Katy Hart asked.

"Yeah," Gabriel said. "I'm Gabriel Miller. I'm friends with your daughter."

"Gabe?" Katy said in shock. "I hardly recognized you. You grew up."

"Yeah," Gabriel smiled.

"How have you been?"

"Good," Gabriel shrugged. "What about you?"

"I've been good," she said. "Do you want me to make you your usual?"

"Yeah," he nodded. "And make it two instead of one."

"Two? Why?"

"I'm here with my girlfriend," he explained.

"Girlfriend?" she repeated.

Gabriel nodded.

"So you moved on from Riley?"

"Yup," he said. "We both realized that we're both better off as friends."

"That's good," she said.

Gabriel nodded.

After a quick conversation with Katy, Gabriel went back to Olivia.

"You took a while," Olivia said.

"Yeah, I know the waitress, Katy," he told her. "She's my friends mother."

"Oh, really?"

"Yeah," he said.

"How long have you known this person?"

"Since I moved here," he said.

A group entered the bakery. Gabriel looked behind him to see his friends.

"Gabriel?" Farkle Minkus said, surprised.

"Hey," Gabriel said, an smile instantly appeared on his face. He got up and hugged his friends.

"You've gotten taller," Maya said, looking up at Gabriel said.

"Yes, I have," Gabriel said. "Look who's the midget now."

Maya rolled her eyes.

"How have you been?" Lucas Friar asked.

"Good."

"Dude, I've seen your movies," Farkle said, putting his arms around Gabriel said. "They're amazing."

"Thanks," Gabriel said.

"Oh, right you're writing movies and tv shows," Riley remembered.

"Yeah," he said. "Oh, this is Olivia, my girlfriend."

"Oh, girlfriend?" Maya said, raising her eyebrows.

"Maya, don't," Gabriel said.

"Hi," Olivia said. "You must be Gabriel's friends."

"Yeah," Riley said. "I'm Riley Matthews. This is Farkle Minkus, Maya Hart and Lucas Friar."

"Hi," they said.

"We'll just order and we'll be back," Lucas said.

"Yeah, alright," Gabriel said.

Gabriel and Olivia sat back down. After Lucas, Farkle, Riley and Maya ordered, they rejoined Olivia and Gabriel.

It was nice to see his friends again. He hasn't seen his friends in person in a while. Despite texting and talking to each other on the phone, they haven't seen each other in a while.

Spending time with his girlfriend and friends, it was great.

For years, Gabriel wasn't sure how he felt. He wasn't sure if he was happy or not. He's lost so much over the years. He lost some family members along the way and friends as well.

Sitting down with his friends and girlfriend at Topanaga's, Gabriel finally realized, he's happy.