Shot 38: AJ and Luke: Downtown Problems xx

"AJ! PLEASE DON'T DO THIS!" He begged, chasing after my every step. "Luke, I can't do this anymore! I knew that this relationship was going to be hard, but not this hard. It shouldn't have to be ether." I began to stuff piles of my clothing, carelessly into my bag.  He ran to my side, "It was one night, AJ. Just one, could you please find it in your heart to forgive me?" I starred at him blankly.

Tonight was probably the worst, we had ever experienced as a couple. It started out great, him a practice with the boys, and me and Robin at home having 'girl time'. Just as she and I were about to sit, and watch out favorite chick flick, 'Mean Girls' I received a call.

"Miss (Insert Last Name), are you in any relation to Lucas Hemmings?" a woman's voice sounded through the speaker.

"Yes, m'am. Is he alright?" I sat up, worried. She let out a sigh of irritation then spoke again.

"He is fine m'am. But we found him a few other boys walking downtown," she hesitated, indicating what the actual problem was, "Could you please come pick him up from the police station? We are just trying to keep everyone out of trouble." 

"Yes, m'am. I will be there shortly." I nodded, "And do you know a Robin Hughes?" I looked over to my best friend who was watching the menu screen of the movie on the television, over and over. "Yes m'am. She is here with me, actually." I heard her smile. "Great. Calum is here also, and needs a ride." 

After that, we hung up, and I looked at Robin. "Would you like to go retrieve our boyfriends from the police department?" She gave me the 'what-the-hell' face, and then grunted. "Let's go."

With that, we left, and arrived at the building ten minutes later. Walking in we saw all four of the boys, Calum, Michael, Ashton and Luke sitting side by side on a wall bench. Luke immediately looked up, a grin on his face. "AJ, I thought you ditched me! Let's just get home okay." 

We then left, taking all four of the idiots with us, dropping them off. Robin, decided to come back with me. "It's our time, AJ. Theses idiots will just have to stay upstairs or something." Calum gave her a look, but then pressed his lips to her cheek. She pushed him away. "No. Not now." He huffed, and slid back into the seat.

She was mad as hell, as was I. "Why the hell were you hanging out with prostitutes Luke!?" I snapped as we walked through the front door. Robin thought nothing of it, and began to reset everything from the hour before. Calum shot back a bit, but then proceeded upstairs without question. 

Luke gave me a scornful look, "What the hell AJ! We have guests." He bit his lip. "I don't give a fuck, and neither does Robin clearly. You guys are so stupid, I mean seriously?! Walking downtown in the middle of the night! You could have been arrested for consulting with a prostitute!" He huffed, and slammed the door shut. "I didn't even talk to any." He rushed past me, and to the foot of the stairs, "That's what they all say."

He then left up the steps. Not saying anything.

I looked at Robin, who was seated on the couch, gummy worms in hand. "Don't worry. They are just being boys," she said as I sat. "Yeah."

After our movie was over, Calum and Robin left, leaving me to argue with Luke.

"That was a bitch move, AJ." He said slipping out of his skinnies, leaving him in his boxers. "A bitch move? What the hell Luke? You were hanging with skanks, and I'm pulling the bitch move?" He glared at me.

"Well, I wish I could swap one of those skanks with you." He laid back on the bed, and pulled out his guitar. 

My heart was already broken. Did he really just say that to me? Really? He didn't care even for a second. "Well, I guess you can make your wish come true. Next time you almost get thrown in jail, you call them for help." 

"What?" I gave him a tearful glance, "I'm done. We are done, Luke."

And that's where we are now. Me stuffing my clothes into a black tote, tears streaming down my face. "Luke, I don't know." He grunted, and tried to wrap his arms around me, but I pushed them away. "AJ, please forgive me!" He was now in a panic, but I continued to pack my things. "Luke, I'm done."

With that, he backed up, watching me, leave. Picking up my favorite jean jacket, I walked out of the door, down the stairs, and out the front door. He followed, and stood at the door. "AJ.." 

But I had already made up my mind. I was not going to deal with that. Not from Luke. He was better than this.

I decided to visit Ashton. Who just happened to be my brother. He lived only a block away, but I was walking so, it took a bit longer than normal.

When arriving I found him sitting on the front porch, drinking a beer, while listening to the heaviest music he could find. "AJ, what the hell are you doing walking at 1 am!" he yapped when he saw me come up. He put down his beer, and motioned for me to come sit. I stepped to the porch, and then sat beside him.

"Sweetie why are you crying?" He then asked, a bit more concerned. "Luke," I confessed. He sighed. "What happened?" 

I explained everything to him, and even what Luke said. "Um, AJ.." he said with a bit of guilt. "What?" I said wiping away my last tear. 

"Truth about what happened tonight, Luke wanted to leave. He didn't want to get in trouble, nor did he want to be around any other girl than you. His words." My mouth dropped open, "And what he said, yes, completely inappropriate, but I know for a fact, it isn't true. He loves you AJ. He never shuts his trap about you. He always tells us about your little snore when you sleep, and your morning hair. He says you are absolutely beautiful and--" he stopped. "Basically what I'm trying to say is, this whole thing isn't his fault. It's all ours. And he really does love you, and wouldn't trade you for the world."

I collapsed in my seat, I was so exhausted. "So, I should go back to him?" He shrugged, "That i'll let you decide. But I would suggest yes." I grunted, and stood. But just as I did, I spotted a blonde quiffed, blue eyed, lanky boy step onto the porch in front of me. 

"AJ, I need to talk to you. Now. Right now." He ran up to me, pressing his lips to mine, and gripping my waist tightly. I didn't move away, but kissed back. I watched as Ashton, as he grinned.

Luke pulled away, only for a quick minute, "I love you AJ. What I said back there was out of anger, and frustration. I did not mean it. I'm being so brutally honest right now, and I just want you to know I love you. Please, please come back. I'm so sorry." He pressed his lips against mine again. I tasted of his sweet lips, then pulled back. "AJ, please.. I can not live without you. I wouldn't trade you--" "For the world. I've heard." I gave Ash a small wink, and looked back to Luke. 

"AJ.."he said softly starring me deep in the eyes. "I forgive you Luke. But I'm still a bit mad." He smiled, and nodded, "I completely understand, as long as your still mine." He kissed me again, "And I''ll make this up to you." I shook my head, and pulled away. I pressed my index finger to my lips, and walked over to Ashton. I gave him a hug, and grabbed my belongings. I then started off for the house. 

I heard Ashton chuckle, "Oh. The silent treatment sucks mate." Luke took off after me, "It does suck, but it isn't permanent." 

Luke and I made it home five minutes later, and I walked up to the room, locking the door behind me.

"Oh, come on AJ, is sleeping on the couch really a part of the silent treatment?" he huffed. I laughed, and continued to unpack.

And like Luke said, the silent treatment wasn't permanent, but it sure was funny.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There you go AJ. I hope you loved it! Sorry about the wait! I've been extremely busy. I love you xx

Thanks for reading guys!

Vote and comment!!

I love you all!

-Robin Nicole xx