Shot 16: Lashton: Wiping away his tears xx

Luke and I were cuddled in bed, watching my favorite movie The Pursuit of Happiness, when his phone buzzed.

I released him from my tight grip, and let him grab his phone.

He sat back, after checking his messages.

"Who was that?" I asked placing a soft kiss to his temple.

"Oh no one. Just the phone company," he said rubbing his thumb over the back of my hand.

I nodded, and we continued to watch the movie, only to soon be interrupted by his phone buzzing again.

He sat up, and checked it once again. I heard him choke out a soft sigh, just before he sat back into my arms.

Being Luke's boyfriend for a year and a half comes with it's loads of benefits, but one that I loved the most was knowing when he was upset.

And he was upset.

I wanted nothing more than for him to be happy, which most of the time he was. But on rare occasions I would find him in a puddle of tears.

He never answered any of my questions as to why he was crying though.

He just played it off as allergies, or nothing.

I didn't rush him though. In fear that he would get annoyed with me.

But he's my boyfriend, and the love of my life, and I am supposed to be the one who picks him up when he falls.

So I picked up the remote a paused the movie.

I unglued myself from his body, and settled into a crisscross-applesauce position in front of him.

"Ashton, what are you doing?" he asked, sitting his phone back on the nightstand.

"Luke, please tell me." I begged. But he didn't understand.

"Tell you what?" he grabbed my hands, and grinned.

"Luke, you know exactly what I'm talking about. I can not do this anymore. Tell me why you are upset." I protested.

He sat back and stared at the ceiling. "Ash, I'm fine. I promise. Let's just watch the movie, okay?" He tried to pick up the remote and continue the movie, but I grabbed his wrist, and pulled it back. "No Luke. If there is anyone on this planet that knows when your upset, it's me. And it hurts me to see you in pain."

He then looked at me with a unreadable expression, just before he turned to the ground, and began to sob.

I immediately wrapped his scrawny body in my arms. "Luke, sweetheart." I said.

He rested his head on my shoulder, and grasped thick tugs at the back of my shirt.

"Ashton, I don't understand...how people...can be so cruel," he finally chocked out.

"What people, baby? Cruel?" I asked a bit confused.

He released me from his grip and looked me straight in the eye, with his teary baby blue oceans.

My heart shattered into a million pieces at the sight.

I had never seen him cry like this. This was something completely different.

"Luke, explain everything to me sweetie. I need to know."

His phone then buzzed again, and he picked it up, handing it to me.

He gave me a nod, informing that the answer to my question was on his phone.

I unlocked it, with my birth year, and proceeded to messages.

Notifications from twitter were blowing up his phone.

I read a few from the family that sounded something like this

@Luke5SOS Hi perfection. Could you please follow me? It would mean the world xx

@Luke5SOS I love you Luke! Please follow! It would complete me?? <3

I then found his problem.

@Luke5SOS You fucking ugly bitch. Who the fuck put you in charge of that band?

@Luke5SOS Please stop trying to be talented. It just doesn't work for you.

@Luke5SOS Hey gay boy! Why don't you and your boyfriend go jump off a cliff? That's the only romance I would pay to see. The one were you die.

My heart sank inside my chest, as I looked up to Luke who had his face buried in he palms.

"Luke.." he looked up.

"Why didn't you tell me about this?" I asked on the edge of tears.

"It used to not hit me, but when they started saying things about me being gay, and us...It just..It hurts," he let out another sob, and I grabbed him in my arms again.

After about five minutes of his constant cries, and tears, I lifted his face to mine.

"Lucas Robert Hemmings, I want you to do me a favor."

He looked at me willingly, and nodded.

"Come with me."

He stood, as did I, and I led him to the bathroom. I flipped the light switch, and we were both left starring at our reflections in the mirror, Luke just stood there starring at his self in disgust.

I then put my arms around his waist, and started to sway back in forth.

"Luke, what do you see?" I asked softly.

He raised an eyebrow, then responded, "A piece of trash being held by a beautiful angel."

A sharp pain ran through my heart, and I stopped swaying.

"No Luke. I want you to know what I see. I see us. Just us. All of our flaws, all of our imperfections, all of us tied together to make one perfection. An angel plus an angel. Who gives a fuck what they say. Not me. Neither should you, because what we have is something no one will ever understand. But that just makes what we have hundred times more special."

I saw a single tear escape his eye, just before a slight grin spread across his face. "Ashton how do you always know what to say?" he asked turning to me.

I let out a giggle, "Because I learned from the best." I then kissed his lips passionately, trying to take all the remaining pain in his heart.

He kissed back, and cupped his hands around my jaw.

I love it when he does that. It makes me feel loved, and secure. I always feel like that with Luke.

He pulled away for a minute and smiled, "Ashton Fletcher Irwin, I know I've told you this before, but I don't think all of them could add up to equal how I feel about you. I love you."

He then smashed his lips back into mine, only letting me pull away for another quick second to mouth the words, "I love you too."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Special request from @ashtxnsprxncess!! Thank you for such the nice comments! I hope you enjoy this!! :D I love you!!