Shot 4: Malum: Game night xx

The boys and I sat in the floor against the couch. Controllers in hand, and console hooked into the wall.

"What will it be for tonight guys?" Luke asked searching though Michael's collectiong of games.

Ashton was sitting between the table and I and had a bowl full of popcorn in his lap, 'How about Mortal Combat?" he mumbled through his popcorn filled mouth.

Michael groaned on the other side of me, "No. We played that last week. How about Pokemon?" he suggested. Ashton sighed, "Okay." Luke then pulled the game out of the case and put it into the console.

Michael smiled in joy, as the opening words appered on the screen.

He was to darn cute.

We played several games, until, Luke won, causing everyone to sigh in defeat.

He jumped up in joy, "Ha! In your face!" He screamed from the top of his lungs.

Most of the time things like that don't bother Mikey, but something about Luke's actions, sent him into rage.

"What the fuck ever!" He stood, and stormed out of the room.

The rest of the boys and I stared at each other in confusion.

Michael had sounded as if he was going to cry when he left.

Something wasn't right.

"What the hell is wrong with your boyfriend?" Luke asked as he sat on the ground, and switched off the console.

I shook my head, and stood.

"I don't know. But i'm about to go find out." I said and walked into the next room.

I walked through most of the house, before I found Mikey sitting on the counter in the bathroom, face in palms.

I entered the room cautiously, and leaned on the wall next to him.

He stayed in the same position for the next three minutes before he lifted his head, revealing his tear stained cheeks. His eyes were puffy and red. My heart dropped at the sight.

This was my first time seeing my boyfriend Michael cry.

This wasn't right. Something was seriously wrong.

"Michael, honey. What's wrong?" I asked as I proceeded to wipe the tears from his face. He sighed, and looked down.

I then grabbed his hands, and tilted his head up, by placing my index finger under his chin.

"Please tell me sweetheart," I asked before I placed a kiss to his forehead.

He looked at me with worry, or pain. I couldn't quite tell.

"I just..I've had a bad week, Calum. I can't explain it." he said softly.

I shook my head, "Come on Mikey. You can tell me."

He shrugged. "Just a bit tired. This week has been crap. Um, could you tell he guys i'm sorry, and ask them to leave. I just want to go to bed." He stood, trying to leave the conversation, but I pushed him back on the counter.

"Michael," I said seriously.

He sighed, "I'll tell you later."

I then felt tears rush to my eyes. It sort of hurt, knowing he wouldn't tell me about his problems, knowing we have been dating for three months.

I think he noticed how hurt I was when he tightened the grip on my hand.

"Calum, I just don't want you to think of me as weak, or something." He said pitifully.

"Michael, you are the strongest person I know. But no one is Hercules. Tell me what's wrong."

That made him let out a small chuckle, and I smiled.

"Okay. It all started Monday, when I was trying to write a new song for the album. Everything was going great, until I sang it back to myself, and it sounded like shit. Then I just felt untalented. And then two days later, I walked out to get the mail, and a little girl was out walking with her mom, and she pointed at me, and said 'Mommy, look at the boys weird hair'. Then her mom said 'Honey, don't stare. Some people are strange, and you don't need to make contact with them'. 'Am I really that strange?' was all I could think about the whole day. Then I ate dinner, and ended up watching this weight loss show, and I felt fat. And I don't know. It's just been an emotional week. And then with Luke in there, I just felt like I was less than everyone else..I'm sorry."

His words hit me like a knife. I never realized that Michael had insecurities, or felt like he was less than everyone. I always assumed he didn't care, considering his choices on his bright colored hair.

I thought he was comfortable with himself.

"Mikey, sweetheart. No. No. You are not strange, and you certainly are not fat. You are so talented, and you're everything to me. You mean so much. You are absolute perfection. Why didn't you tell me you felt like this?" I said in a quick breathe.

He shrugged, avoiding eye contact.

"I guess I was afraid you would agree with everyone one else. I fear rejection Calum. I just don't want you to see this side of me."

I sighed, and wrapped my arms around him.

"Michael, I know we have only been in this relationship for three months, but we have been best friends, for three years. And I can honestly say that no matter what, I will always love you. I couldn't ever dream of rejecting you."

I felt a smile spread across his face, against my shoulder.

"Thanks Cal. I love you too," he said quietly.

I then released him, and looked into his beautiful eyes. "Are you gonna be alright?" I asked. He nodded, and kissed me.

I kissed back slowly, but we were soon interrupted by a knock at the door.

We opened our eyes to see Luke standing in the doorway.

"I..um, Mikey, I'm sorry for what I said. I never meant to upset you." Luke said shoving his hands in his jacket pockets.

Michael grinned, "Nah man. It's fine. My fault. I'm sorry." They then ended their apologizes with a hug, and Luke went back to the front room.

Before Michael and I walked out of the bathroom, I looked at him.

"Do you promise to come to me, whenever you feel upset?  I can't stand seeing you like this."

He smiled, and kissed my cheek.

"Of course, love."