[10]

Sorry I haven't updated in so long! I was going to update last night from coming back from my holiday place (which had no wifi.) but my wifi was being a bum and would work one minute then turn off the next. Sorry for taking so long, please forgive me!

Song Of The Chapter: Pretend It's OK - Little Mix

-ZOE'S POV-

Seeing Louise standing right in front of me, completely took me by surprise. Me and Louise haven't been the closest since Courtney entered the picture. She had the same expression, shocked. Darcy was stood behind her, hiding behind her legs. Matt was inside the shop that I was currently in, buying something for Darcy probably. 

"Zoe?" Her voice said, breathless. Before she knew it Louise had pulled her into a hug, tightly. I hugged back, it's been a while since I have been hugged by Louise.  "How are you? I heard about the car accident and came back from Florida!"

"I'm great actually, things are finally turning postive for once," I said honestly, Darcy coming out from behind Louise's legs. Darcy's hair got curlier, still cut short. She smiled up at me, smiling brightly. 

"Zoe!" She exclaimed and ran into my leg, hugging her softly. I stroked a hand through her curls, picturing her as the little baby she was. If only me and Louise could have been closer before, I could have watched Darcy grow up to be the lovely little girl she is today. 

"Do you want to come to my place for dinner?" I asked, I got bored and lonely at night, nothing to do but paint my nails or do my hair. 

"If that's okay, I don't want you to waste your time making a meal for my family." She assured me, I had plenty of food to make for the Watson's. It would be nice to catch up with Louise and Matt since it's been so long. 

"It's fine, I have plenty of food to make. I think we need some catching up to do."  I said, Louise smile reached her eyes. She missed her smile. 

"Okay, 5:30?"

"That sounds good, see you then." 

Louise and Darcy had joined Matt in the store, leaving me to continue with my shopping. I was going to make Coq Au Vin, a meal I had learned in my own time. I have done it so many times that it clicked in my small mind. A text buzzed in my pocket and my heart skipped a beat when it was Alfie.

Meet me at Nandos :) x 

I smiled and text back.

Feel a bit forced there ;) But sure, coming now x

I slid her phone back into my pocket, and made my way towards Nandos. Luckily Nandos was quite close. She hadn't seen Alfie in a while so this was good. 

***

Nando's approached, and I saw Alfie leaning against the wall near the entrance. He was strolling through his phone, probably twitter- typical Alfie following all his fans, which is really sweet. I walked towards him and he smiled, putting his phone back in his pocket. "Hey." He said, pulling me into a hug. 

"Hi." I smiled, his hand on the small of my back leading me into the restaurant, we got a booth near the back where it was a bit more quiet. Headaches were a problem coming out of the car crash, a couple of asprin normally did the trick. 

"How are you today?" He asked, scanning the menu for something tasty.

"Great, I bumped into Louise and she's coming over for dinner tonight." 

"That's great, it's good that you to are catching up you used to be so close, what happened?" He asked. Should I tell him that Courtney was the reason for mine and Louise's friendship to be ruined, or should I just lie?

"Courtney," I said, I hid my face in the menu. "When she entered the picture, me and Louise faded apart y'know?" 

"Yeah, I understand. I never really fit in, in high school. I got this one friend, Andrew, and we were best mates then this new guy came called Cole and we drifted apart and were never really friends after." I could imagine a young Alfie, thinking about this Andrew boy. Alfie being all sad and wishing for a friend. "I'm sorry about Courtney, good that she's out the picture now." 

"What would you like to order?" A blonde waitress asked, keep making eye contact with Alfie. I couldn't help but feel jealousy. 

"I'll have half a chicken, with a side order please." He said, she blushed as he smiled. Why couldn't Alfie look at me like that?

"I'll have the same." I said, harshly. She finally noticed my existence and coughed, writing them down. 

"Any drinks?" 

"Iced tea." I said, handing the menu. 

"I'll have a coffee please, with two sugars please." 

"Just how you like it Alfie," She winked and picked up the menus. "Your drinks should be here soon." And she walked off. How did she know Alfie's name?

"Can I be the first to say, how?" I questioned, placing my hands on the table. Alfie wasn't the one to go out and talk to a lady. 

"I took her out about three times. Nothing serious." 

"Did you sleep with her?" I asked, word vomit. I covered my mouth after and shook my head. "Don't answer that, word vomit." 

"No, it's fine." He laughed, and placed his hand on top of mine. "I remember her screaming my na-"

"Shut up! That's disgusting." She laughed, covering his mouth from the other side of the booth. "Can we change the subject?"

"What are you cooking for Louise and her family?" He asked, our drinks had arrived at the table, earning a groan from me when she winked at him again.

"I'm cooking Coq Au Vin, a big meat meal." She commented, the conversation carried on and on. They talked about Zoe starting videos again, a bit about Courtney and some other things to fill the time at nandos. Soon the time was up and Alfie was walking Zoe out Nandos. "I'll see you soon?"

"See you later." Alfie smiled, and walked in the opposite direction. I remembered walking off with a big smile on my face, wondering when me and Alfie would do this again.