Eighteen [End to this Way of Life]

“Is that what this is all about?” Mr. Horan is standing, red going to his face, “All of this is about getting me to not close Urban Ink?” Perhaps Zayn made a bad move, throwing this up in the air so early in the night. Niall looks like he’s freaking out already. Mr. Horan looks so angry, “I own Urban Ink. I bought it with my money. It doesn’t belong to you, and it doesn’t even belong to my son. He’s just to manager. I can do whatever I want with it.”

            “I won’t let you,” Zayn says.

            “How do you plan on doing that? What money do you have in your name? Huh? You look and smell like a thief. There is no way you have enough money to buy Urban Ink. I’m simply shutting its doors, forever. I’ll claim that there is a terrible pipe problem and the foundation is gone. It will be closed forever,”

            “Why are you doing this?” Zayn honestly can’t believe this, “Just, please, let’s sit and have a civilized conversation over dinner, please,”

            Mr. Horan shakes his head, “No, no I don’t think I’m going to eat dinner with the likes of you,”

            “It’s so strange that you hate me so much,” Zayn is so angry, “After all, your son loves me. He loves me enough to let me be his boyfriend,”     

            Zayn’s an idiot. He knows what he has done seconds after the words leave his mouth, and he freezes and tries to come up with something to cover up what he just said. But he can’t. He’s done it, put that information out into the world and there is no taking it back, not ever. Mr. Horan look appalled, his face scrunched up and angry. He’s redder than the tomato on the salad that’s sitting on the table. “I think it’s time that I leave,” Mr. Horan storms from the kitchen and out of the house.

            Everything is silent.

            Zayn knows how much he messed up, and he looks to Niall. He’s crying, his face almost as red as his father’s.

            “Niall, I’m so so sorry,”

            “Shut the fuck up Malik,” Niall curses, “Get out of my house,”

            “Niall, please don’t do this,”

            “That was not your place!” Niall looks like he’s in pain, “It’s not your place to tell my father that I’m dating you! Do you understand me?”

            “Yes, I know, Niall…I’m sorry. I’m so so sorry,”

            Niall rolls his eyes and pushes me backwards into the wall, “Just get the hell out of my house now before I call the cops. All you have done is make my life worse, Zayn. Before you came along, I was happy! I had a good life!”

            “A boring life,” Zayn fights back.

            “Shut up! Just shut up and get out! I hate you! I hate you so much and I can’t believe that I was ever so stupid as to fall for you.” Niall drags Zayn towards the front of his building and throws him out the door, “Urban Ink is over. Get over it. I don’t care anymore. I don’t care about you. I don’t care about Urban Ink. Okay? Don’t ever talk to me again,”

            And with his final words, Niall slams the door shut in Zayn’s face.

~*~

            “Niall, I can’t understand you. What’s wrong?” Liam is trying to understand Niall but he’s crying too much. So Liam just wraps Niall up in his arms and holds him on the couch. They turn on a show, but Liam can’t even hear the words over Niall’s crying.  Liam knows that something bad went down, but he can’t exactly figure out what. There is a beautiful dinner sitting on the table completely prepared and ready, probably cold though, and there is an absence of Zayn in the apartment. Liam thinks that this has to be a break up, right? Niall and Zayn weren’t going to last, Liam had guessed that a long time ago. People like Zayn don’t stay in long committed relationships.

            Finally Niall mutters, “My dad,”

            Liam becomes confused, because he pegged this as a Zayn problem, not a dad problem. “What do you mean? What about your dad?”

            “He knows,”

            Liam’s eyes widen, “About you and Zayn?”

            Niall nods, “And I got scared and angry and Zayn was the one who told him and I just started yelling and…Fuck, Liam, I broke up with him I think and I don’t know what I’m doing with my life. What the hell is happening? Ever since Zayn walked into my life it’s been fucked,”

            “Maybe that’s a good thing,” Liam says, “I mean, when you like someone, they change your life in ways you would never guess,”

            Niall just starts crying again.

~*~

            “Zayn, we can’t understand you. What’s wrong?” Louis and Harry are trying to understand Zayn, but he’s crying too much for them to understand. Something happened with Niall. Something happened to Urban Ink. Life for Zayn at the moment is, well, falling apart. He doesn’t know what to do or think and all he has ever had is slipping away from him. Life as he knows it is changing.

            “Niall threw me out,” Zayn explains, “He threw me out of his house and I accidentally told his dad that we were dating and he’s going to shut down Urban Ink,”

            Harry and Louis are speechless, mainly because their friend just caused the downfall of their jobs and his entire way of life.

            “What are we going to do?” Louis whispers to Harry.

            Harry shrugs, “I have a few ideas but first we have to get Zayn under control,”

            “Okay,”

            “Okay,”

________________________________________________________________

Oh no. What's going to happen?

Poor Zayn, he was only trying to help.

Poor Niall, Zayn's words outed him to his dad.

Now what?

Hope you guys are still enjoying the story!! Also, I know the chapters are short. As I said last time, I make the chapters short on purpose. Niall and Zayn's relationship is made up of these choppy half happy half sad moments and that makes them who they are, and that makes their relationship unique. So, the chapters reflects that. Short choppy little moments. Some happy, some sad.

Let me know what you guys think.

Please comment? 

Thank you.

Love you guys.

xx