Ten [Breaking Down Walls]

It's late. Niall is sitting on his bed and staring at the wall the seperates Zayn from him. He stares at it and he thinks about the hole that had been there, only a little time ago. They had patched it up. And now, believe it or not, Niall missed it. Niall missed having Zayn's company. He missed being able to see him. 

It seems as though Niall is learning a lot lately. About himself.

There is a noise from Zayn's side of the wall, and Niall moves closer to it, pushing his back up against it and sliding down to the ground. He puts his head in his hands and wishes that he could just tell Zayn about all these feeling. The feelings of confusion. The feelings of....affection?

"Niall?" Zayn is on the other side of the wall, arranging all the furniture to the way it was before the moving company came in and moved it all around. He thought he had heard movement on the other side.

"Yeah Zayn?"

"Are you okay over there?" He asks quietly. 

"I'm fine. You?" Niall returns the question.

"I'm alright,"

"You normally have some music playing," Zayn notes.

"Yeah. I know. And you normally are throwing a killer party," Niall counters.

"Things have changed with us," Zayn says.

"Yeah, I know,"

Zayn walks over to the wall and taps his fingers against it slowly, feeling the paint and the patch, where there had been a hole in the past. He sighs, "We should maybe....make another hole," Zayn is just suggesting. He knows it won't go over well. There is no way. Niall would never go for that. But then again, Zayn also used to think that Niall wanted Zayn to move. And apparently that has changed. 

"You want to make another hole?" Niall repeats, not sure he understood what Zayn just said. There is a moment of silence. All Niall can hear is his own breathing.

"No, no," Zayn says, "It was a joke," Even though he is lying.

Niall invites Liam over, and they sit on the patio. Liam works on school stuff and Niall sits there, only half listening to Liam as he thinks about Zayn. It's not long that they are outside before the next door patio also becomes filled. Harry, Loius, Ed, and Zayn, all laughing loudly and smiling. Niall's stomach drops. He suddenly feels angry towards Harry and Louis and Ed. He wants to be with Zayn. He feels connected to him. Is it because they kissed?

"Niall? Are you okay?" Liam asks.

Niall stands and runs inside, straight to his room and locking the door. He doesn't want to talk to anyone. Not even Liam. He's just angry. So angry he doesn't understand what is happening in his head. He can't like Zayn like that, can he? He isn't gay. He doesn't like Zayn in that way. After all, up until a few days ago Niall hated Zayn. Feeligns can't feel that fast. He's determined. 

Liam knocks on Niall's door but it's all ignored. Niall doesn't care about any of this anymore. He doesn't want to love Zayn. He can't.

When Niall wakes up the next morning there is a strange draft in his room. He had fallen asleep last night in tears, laying on top of his bed sheets, fully clothed. He sits up and looks to his window. It's closed as always. So where is the draft coming from? He looks around the room and then freezes. There is a hole in wall. His heart starts to pound and he licks his lips.

"I'm sorry," Zayn's voice slips through the hole, "It was an accident. The wall is weak were we patched it last time and I tripped last night and broke it again. I'm sorry. I can get it fixed,"

"No, no," Niall mumbles, "I don't mind it at all,"

There is a part of Niall that wonders if Zayn's lying. In fact, he's almost 100% sure that Zayn is lying. 

It was done on purpose.

Zayn smirks on the other side of the wall, admiring the hole and liking the way he can hear Niall's breathing. It makes Zayn feel like they are closer than they are, and that's all he has ever wanted. in fact, that is all he has ever wished for. 

"Niall I have a question," Zayn says through the hole. He is sitting with his back against the wall and his head near the circle in the wall, "Are you mad at me?"

"Why would I be?" Niall asks, "I...I was the one who asked you to stay,"

"But...I kissed you," Zayn reminds him.

"I know. I was sick and you were just tring to make me feel better. Right?" Niall mumbles as he gets dressed and listens to Zayn's calm voice.

"No," Zayn shakes his head. His voice isn't so calm all of the sudden, "I did it because I wanted to. Because I...I have feelings,"

"Friendly feelings," Niall pushes, "Only friendly,"

"No Niall," Zayn growls, "More then friendly,"

"Don't say that," 

"Why not,"

"Because,"

"Why? Niall, why?" Zayn is almost yelling.

"Because I don't want to return the feelings!" Niall yells. He runs towards the wall and smashed his fist through it, almost hitting Zayn on the other side, "Just shut up. Please Zayn, please,"

"Why didn't you just let me move?" Zayn growls, "Why not Niall?"

"Because I don't want you to leave me,"

"I'm really not understanding you," Zayn stands up and looks through the new hole, which is basically eye level. He sees Niall's blue eyes, beautiful and clear. A little clouded. 

"I'm not understanding myself either," Niall shakes his head, "Can we please just save this for later and go to work? Please Zayn, just please,"

Zayn bites his lip and nods, "Fine, Niall. Let's go. Let's just go,"

___________________________________________________________________________

There you are. 
Another chapter.

I hope you guys still like it.

The next chapter is going to be intense. Just letting you know.

Prepare yourself.

Vote

Comment, please?

Follow.

Share.

Love you guys.

xx