Five [Truce]

Niall wakes up to the smell of bacon. He isn’t sure if it’s coming from the main level of his condo, or maybe it is coming from Zayn’s place. Honestly, Niall isn’t sure. Maybe Liam came over to make him breakfast. After all, Liam knew how stressed Niall was with all of this new Urban Ink stuff. A quiet and gentle humming spreads over the condo, and Niall stands and heads downstairs. Liam is standing at his stove top, bacon sizzling in the pan in front of him, while Zayn sits on his couch, staring at the ceiling.

            “Zayn?” Niall rubs his eyes, not sure if he’s seeing this right.

Zayn looks up and smirks, “Hello, Niall,”

“Liam, what is he doing in my house?” Niall growls.

Liam just shrugs, “You too have to get along eventually,”

“No, we don’t,” Niall stomps towards Liam and grabs a piece of already done bacon of the plate, slipping it into his mouth and chewing angrily. Liam shakes his head and runs his fingers through Niall’s hair, “I don’t have to be friends with anyone, especially if their name is Zayn Fucking Malik,”

“Actually,” Zayn speaks up, “My middle name isn’t Fucking,”

“Who the hell cares?”

A silence slips over the floor and Niall slumps into his chair, suddenly thinking about Urban Ink and all the work he has to do. The worst part about thinking this, is his mind instantly comes back to Zayn. Niall knows that Zayn is his key to running the parlor. Zayn has it all. The experience. The knowledge. The look. Zayn could run the tattoo parlor with his eyes closed. Niall on the other hand just really doesn’t feel cut out for this. He mentally curses his father.

“I have classes in an hour,” Liam says, rolling up his sweater sleeves and turning off the stove. He grabs his backpack from the floor and walks towards Niall, kissing his head, “Don’t kill Zayn, okay? I’ll see you later tonight,”

Liam leaves quietly, leaving Niall staring at Zayn. The only thing keeping Niall from going completely crazy is the plate of bacon still sitting on the corner of the table. Zayn stands up and sits closer to Niall.

“Maybe we can call a truce,” Zayn says.

“A what?”

“You know,” Zayn smiles and reaches out, clipping Niall chin gently with his knuckles, “A truce. Like, I won’t fight with you and you won’t fight with me until we have the parlor in stable condition,”

“Oh,” Niall’s mind is whirling. Zayn just touched him and it felt good.

“And then,” Zayn continues, “Once everything is settled, you can go back to hating me,”

Niall kind of wants to say, ‘I don’t hate you’, but he can’t get the words of out his mouth. He just looks at Zayn and manages a smile, sticking out his hand for a solid shake.

“Thank you,” Niall says.

“Anything for you,” Zayn whispers.

“What did you say? Sorry I couldn’t hear you,” Niall leans forward a little bit.

“Oh, it’s nothing. I just said you’re welcome,”

Zayn hates himself for loving Niall.

~

            Niall and Zayn sit in the parlor later that night, going over the papers and talking to Louis and Harry. Ed has the night off. Harry is holding Louis in his arms and whispering into this ear in the corner of the room and Zayn and Niall both have their heads in their hands. Taking over this parlor is turning out to be even harder than Niall thought. There is actually quite a bit of debt happening here. Mr. Horan didn’t even care. He just bought the place and threw it off on Niall.

            “I can’t focus,” Niall muttered. He feels his stomach rumbling.

            “Neither can I,” Zayn moans, “Your stomach is so fucking loud,”

            Niall laughs, “Fine, let’s grab dinner,”

            “Deal,”

            “Harry, Louis, you two coming?”

            Harry’s head snaps up, “Yeah, okay,”

            The four of them end up smashed into the town’s diner, in a small booth. Zayn is so close to Niall and he hides in the corner and tries to avoid touching him. However, it all goes wrong when Niall put his hands under the table and accidently brushes against Zayn’s crotch.

            “Ah,” Zayn slips out of the booth, “I’ll be back in a minute,”

            Niall groans and drops his head into his hands, “I’m dead.

            Harry and Louis just laugh.

______________________________________________________________

I know it's short. I'm sorry.

This is just to get me back into the swing. Hope you all still like it. 

^_^

VOTE

ComMENT

FAN

SHARE

xx

xx