Sixteen [Attempts at a Solution]

Niall feels a little confused laying alone at night. He doesn’t understand where he went wrong. He was always such a good kid. He let his dad throw him around and put him in charge of businesses. Niall didn’t even want any of that. He doesn’t understand how his dad could hate him this much after all this time. And why, really? Why did Mr. Horan do this? Was it because of Zayn? Was it because of the U and I tattoo? Niall just didn’t understand it.

            His fingers the stitches on his head and shakes his head as the tears well up in his eyes. He never knew that his father could hate him quite like this.

            “Niall?”

            Zayn must have come into Niall’s place, because Niall hears him walk up the steps and into his room. But Niall still doesn’t look. He just lays with his eyes closed and the tears building and he lets the emotions hit him.

            “Niall, babe?” Zayn says quietly, sitting beside the blonde.

            “Go away,” Niall whispers.

            “No. No way,” Zayn shakes his head, “You can’t just make me leave,”

            Niall starts crying more, “I just can’t take this anymore and we just fixed Urban Ink and now it’s gone,”

            “Niall, it’s okay. We’ll figure something out. Calm down, c’mon, let’s calm down,” Zayn pulls himself up and against Niall on the bed, rubbing his back. “Look at me,”

            Niall rolls over and looks at Zayn, “What?”

            “We’ll figure something about. We aren’t going to let the place we bonded over just be…ripped away from us like that. I’m not going to let it happen. We’ll talk to your dad. We’ll prove that I’m not as trashy or terrible as he thinks,”

            Niall nods and wipes his face.

            “Now, what to do to cheer you up?” Zayn smirks, pulling Niall in closer to him, “How about we…take a shower?”

            Niall’s eyes go big and he blushes, “You mean, like, together?”

            “That’s what I was assuming but I mean, however you want to do it.” Zayn says, “C’mon, let’s go,”

            Niall hesitates but gets up. They walk into the shower and turn it on. Zayn eyes Niall and watches him carefully. Then Zayn gets up guts and decides that this is a great time to distract Niall from everything. So, as they stand in the bathroom waiting for the water temperature to adjust, Zayn pulls off his shirt. Niall giggles and blushes more, looking at the ground. This is such a different Niall than the one from the night of the Purple Monkey. And then, Zayn grabs the button of his skinny jeans and unzips his fly. Now Niall is full out red in the face but he can’t stop staring at Zayn’s tattooed body and perfect V-line leading down into his jeans. Slowly, Zayn takes off his pants, leaving him only in his tight boxers that cling to every part of him. And now, Niall really can’t stop staring.

            “What about you?” Zayn smirks, “You going to come in the shower in your clothes or…what?”

            And finally, Zayn steps out of his boxers and flings them in Niall’s face.

            Niall’s eyes are blown wide and his eyes are glued to Zayn’s flawless body.

            “I’m nothing compared to you,” Niall says.