Eight [Whispers to Screams]

When Niall wakes up the next morning he is laying in bed, not on the couch where he fell asleep. His eyes open and right beside him is Zayn, looking so wonderful in the morning light that streams into his room. He still has a terrible head ache, but Zayn looks really fucking beautiful laying beside him. And then Niall realizes something. He realizes that all of this has been so stupid. He’s been so busy hating Zayn that he’s forgotten the reasons they used to fight. They used to fight because Zayn would hold parties and make noise and act completely obnoxious. But now, Zayn doesn’t do that anymore. There is no reason for Niall to hate Zayn. All he does anymore is help him keep Urban Ink in control and keep him clean and warm when he is sick. How did this even happen?

            “Zayn,” Niall whispers, “Zayn?”

            Zayn mumbles under his breath and rolls over so his body is close to Niall’s, their bare arms pressing together. Niall tries to pull away, but Zayn grabs onto his torso and pulls then even closer to one another. Niall gasps. Zayn’s face is literally inches away from his own.

            “Zayn,” Niall repeats.

            “Niall go back to bed I’m too tired for this,” Zayn puts his face into Niall’s neck. Niall freezes.

            “Zayn what are you…what are you doing?”

            Zayn seems to fully snap to his senses now, and looks up, straight into Niall’s eyes. They are both silent for a moment, frozen in their spots, and then Zayn leans forward, pressing their lips together. For a moment, Niall is confused. He half heartedly kisses back, and doesn’t understand why this feels so good. But then he pulls away, “Zayn?”

            “Fuck, Niall, I don’t know why I did that. I’m sorry. I seriously don’t know what’s happening to me right now. Okay? Pretend that never happened,” Zayn jumps from bed and Niall realizes he is only wearing boxers. Niall doesn’t know what to do or say or think. He just sits in bed and watches Zayn get dressed.

            “Zayn, are you crying?” Niall asks.

            “Shut the hell up,” Zayn snaps, looking towards Niall, “Are you going to make fun of me? Are you going to kick me out of your house? Is that a rule here?” Tears are streaming down his perfectly tanned face and it’s all too much for Niall to watch. It’s breaking his heart. “I’m sorry if you really hate me now. I didn’t mean to ruin everything. I understand if you never want to see me again in Urban Ink, just say the words and I’ll never step inside that building,”

            “Zayn, hold on just a second,” Niall tries to calm Zayn, but Zayn is pulling on his jacket and tripping around the room.

            “I’m sorry that you’ll always hate me. I never really hated you Niall. I liked throwing parties because that meant it would be loud and you would come over and I’d get to see you all the time. And I’m sorry I got on your nerves all the time. And I’m even more sorry that I just kissed you because I can’t take that back as much as I try. I’ll just leave,”

            “Zayn, for fuck’s sake, WAIT!”

            Niall is out of bed now, surprised that he is in just his boxers too, and he grabs Zayn’s arm and stops him from leaving, “I’m not angry with you,”

            Zayn’s eyes widen, “You aren’t?”

            “No,” Niall is speaking softly, “I actually need to thank you, for taking care of me yesterday and carrying me to bed,”

            “Really?” Zayn wipes his face that is still covered in tears and stares right into Niall’s big bright blue eyes that entice him so much, “You aren’t mad that I…that I…kissed you?”

            “No,” Niall says. Zayn tilts his head in confusion. Niall continues, “But I don’t think I’m ready for whatever the hell is happening. We are just about to get Urban Ink back under control and we probably can’t do that while handling whatever the hell is going on with us,”

            “Okay,” Zayn says quietly.

            “I’m sorry,”

            “It’s fine,” Slowly Zayn walks from the bedroom and Niall follows and then watches as Zayn puts on his shoes, “I’ll still leave you alone for awhile, okay?”

            “You don’t have to,” Niall whispers.

            “I need to,” Zayn says, “I don’t know what’s happening right now,”

            “Okay, but will you be into Urban Ink later? To help me finish? We are so close, seriously, so close,”

            Zayn shakes his head, “No,”

            “But Zayn…”

            “I said no Niall. I seriously can’t right now,”

            And then Zayn is running out of Niall’s condo and next door to his own, where he turns on loud music immediately. Anger and confusion boils in Niall’s stomach and then he runs up to his room to change. He needs to get out of his house now, or else he might lose it.

            When he walks into Urban Ink Harry and Louis both notice that Niall is upset. They notice his puffy eyes and his scowl. Louis opens his mouth to say something but Harry stops him. They both know that Zayn was with Niall all day yesterday and overnight. Something must have happened and Harry is smart enough to keep Louis from asking. Niall looks upset as he pushed into the back room and slamming the door shut.

            A little while later Zayn calls Louis and Harry crying. They ask to leave work early to go be with him. Niall just yells at them and tells them to get out.

_______________________________________________________________

Alright, another chapter. Hooray!

Sorry about not updating for awile.

Do you guys still like this story? Sometimes when I'm writing it I feel like it's pretty bad of a story and stuff. I don't know.

Let me know what you think.

Comment

Fan

Vote

 Share?

xx

xx