Four [Let's Argue]

“He’s our new manager,” Harry smiles, grabbing Louis’ hand, “It’ll be good for all of us, yeah?”

            Zayn’s face is red and he looks spitting mad. He walks straight towards Niall, poking his chest, “Listen here, Horan, get out of my life. I’m so done with you! I’m done having you yell at me for my parties, I’m done with you telling me how to live my life, and I’m tired worrying about you!”

            Niall freezes at his final words, “What?”      

            Zayn blushes and bites his lip, cursing himself for letting those words leave his lips, “I didn’t mean that,”

            “Yes you did,” Louis chimes in.

            “No, no I didn’t,” Zayn grabs Niall’s tie and yanks on it, “Listen, get the hell out of here and don’t come back. This is the one place that I don’t have to deal with you. You can’t ruin it,”

            “I’m the manager,” Niall says, pushing Zayn away from him, “I can tell you to leave. In fact, I can ban you from my tattoo parlor in the blink of an eye. Don’t make me call the cops,”

            Zayn freezes, his heart pounding, “You wouldn’t,”

            “I would, if you keep yelling at me,”

            Zayn takes a step back and growls, “I’m going to kill you Horan. I hate you. I fucking hate you so much. You have to ruin everything,”

            “Thanks,” Niall smirks. He straightens his tie, his mind working in overdrive, “Now listen, I honestly have no clue how to run this place, so I’m going to need help. Louis, Harry, Ed, I think we should probably have a meeting. As for you Zayn, you can go home,”

            “No!” Zayn says.

            Ed puts his sketch away and walked over to join the conversation, “I think we could compromise,” Zayn looks skeptical. “We put Zayn in the corner until we are done with the meeting and then, once we are done, he is allowed to stay and spend time here so long as he doesn’t interrupt our work,”

            Ed is so level headed and Harry smiles and pinches his cheeks, “Thanks for your peace building advice Ed,”

            Ed smacks Harry’s hand away, “I’m trying to make this easier,”

            “Nothing is going to be easy,” Niall says, “Especially when someone I despise is five feet away from me,”

            “Make it ten,” Zayn said, “No fucking closer,”

            “Will you two stop getting down each other’s throats?” Louis has even had enough of this by now. Zayn runs his hands through his perfect hair and fixes his black v-neck. Niall simply fixes his tie again and stares around the black and red parlor, trying to calm himself down. “There. Now. Let’s have our meeting. Zayn, go sit over in the corner until we are done,”

~

            Later, Niall is sitting in the back room of the parlor, looking over the finances and profit of the parlor from the past year. He knows that there are some customers out there now, and Harry and Louis are helping them, so he doesn’t have to worry. He trusts Harry and Louis, even though they are friends with someone like Zayn.

            There is still a part of Niall that doesn’t understand this. Why his father just had to put him in charge of this stupid tattoo parlor, or why his father bought it in the first place. But now he just has to deal with the problems that come with it.