《Chapter 68》Complete

Kelsey POV

Liam was acting weird.

That's all I gotta say.

"Okay, hun. We're leaving!" Mrs.Payne called from upstairs as I watched Liam slam the door of his car, a disapointed look as he muttered nonsense.

I hope he's okay.

"Alright! But let me serve you guys some tea before you go!" I chirped blankly as I ripped my gaze off of Liam, who was now walking through the door.

Mrs.Payne met me in the kitchen as I poured tea for them..My mother following behind.

"It's so wonderful to see my Kels all grown up now," my mom kissed my forehead before sitting down beside Liams mom. It was..nice.. To finally see both our families together again. Especially since both our parents stayed with us for New Years.. It was an amazing week with them.

I felt complete.

"I know! I always new Kels would make a man out of my son," Mrs.Payne replied as they sippes their teas.

"We helped eachother grow, honestly," I laughed.

Liam walked in, his troubled eyes making me give him a questioning look.

He grinned and kissed my lips,  walking around me to wrap his hands around my waist.

I blushed as both of our parents watched with smiles.

"Kels, your hips grew, " Liam bubbled as he kissed my temple,  squeezing me softly.

I froze.

"Erm...is that..bad?" I asked awkwardly. Liam had no shame in his game.

Mrs.Payne laughed as she rolled her eyes.

"Of course hun. Baby bearing hips are always good," she winked.

"Here that, Kels?" Liam whispered as my mom laughed and agreed, seeming excited at the thought. His thumbs squeezed my butt, and I held back a yelp. I let out another awkward laugh.

Mrs.Payne looked back at me as she drank her tea before sending her eyes to my hand wrapped around my tea. She scoffed in protest.

"Liam where's the ring that -"

"I haven't gotten to that yet and erm..uh..," he mumbled nervously, and I giggled, rolling my eyes as I passed him my cup of tea.

"Relax, Liam," I watched him take a drink before turning back to our parents.

"He's asked me to marry him almost 80 times already," I looked down at the cup that Liam passed back to me before placing his hand back on my hip...kinda embarassed.

"Is that so?" My mom laughed in confusion,  setting her chin in her hand, interested.

Mrs.Payne looked more concerned.

"Why so many times? Is everything alright,  love?"

I nodded confidently.

"Of course...I'm just waiting for the right time, I suppose," I looked up at Liam, who's light beard was growing out. I scratched his chin and he huffed a laugh through his nose.

"Marry me?" he whispered and I laughed.

"Shhhh," I whispered before hearing the honk outside.

"Oops, look like the men are here from their golfing trip," My mother stood up and settled her luggage beside her.

She sighed and looked up, her blue eyes watering.

"Guess this is goodbye," she sighed as she pulled me from Liam to engulf me in a tight hug.

"I'll see you this Easter in California, okay?"

She unwillingly shook her head in agreement, before turning to Liam.

"We'll walk you out,"

I followed them out, where my dad had his eyes strictly on mine.

Liam helped pack their bags into each car.. as my father opened his arms for me, the gleam of content in his smile filling my mind with peace.

I set my head in his chest, the buttons on his collared shirt soothing because that was all my dad ever wore... it was his  'thing'...

"I love you, Kelsey. Don't ever forget that okay?" my dad hummed as his fingers traced my back.

I held him tighter.

"How can I? You're the reason I am who I am," I laughed, looking up to kiss his cheek, fixing the grey hairs above his ear.

"You just made my week...no, my life," he laughed as I patted my head. I nudged his arm.

"Good. I'll see you soon then, okay, dad? I love you. Alot!" he gave me one last hug..

"I'm proud of you..for being so strong..and happy," he whispered..

"It's made me happy," he finished...and I couldn't be nore fulfilled than to see my dad truly happy again..

He went to help Liam pack their things, and after heartfelt goodbyes, my parents drove away. One time I actually felt okay to see them go...because I know they'd be okay, and now I know they're living with a peace in mind.

It made my life feel like such a blessing. It is a blessing.

A large stinging suddenly made me yelp in bewilderment...and Liams chuckle made me turn around.

"That hurt!" I complained as I rubbed my buttcheek...slapping Liam chest as he laughed. 

"I couldn't help myself...You're dress looks wonderful on that bum, love. I've been dying to do that all day," he said apologetically.

"You're such a guy," I rolled my eyes...and Liam hummed, kissing me softly.

His brown eyes took a few seconds to just glare at me...a smile glued to his face.

Before something made his eyebrows rise in realization.

"Kels, have you taken your medication?" he asked.

I gulped,  a smirk on my face as I rushes back into the house, already knowing his rath.

He growled behind me.

"Kelsey!" he yelled as I quickly grabbed the bottles and watched him...a smile on my face.

I stuffed them in my mouth, taking my tea and drinking quickly.

"Did you take them?" he breathed frustratingly.

I laughed and nodded...

"Kelsey, you need to be more responsible-I don't want you-"

Only one way to get through the angry Liam.

"Pull your pants down," I laughed.

Liam's mouth closed...and the blush on his face was hilarious.

"What?" he was flustered.

"You heard me," I giggled.

"I love you," he shook his head, gazing at me.

"I'm not bluffing, Liam, " I laughed again, unzipping my dress and letting it fall to the ground.

And the happiness on his face... was priceless.

Something I'll never forget.