《Chapter 60》 So Happy For You

Kelsey POV

Life felt good now.. like I had a motivation to keep breathing..but just as I was falling asleep again...

"Where's Niall?" I breathed as Liam lay beside me on the hospital bed. I was starting to worry now...

I mean, only three people new about Essie's.... Pregnancy. And I'm pretty sure Essie would've told him now that she had the chance.

"I'm not sure," Liam murmured as his lips grazed my jaw..

He hasn't stopped kissing me since my parents went to their hotel to clean up for once. I pulled away as I thought about Essie telling Niall...

And where they might be...

I mean, we are both barely turning 19, same with the guys...

Oh man, What if he wanted her to get an abor-

"Liam, I'm worried about them," I blurted as I sat up a bit, Liam's arms around my neck as his chest warmed my torso.

He pulled his head away from my face, and looked at me in the eye.

"What's wrong with them?" He rose an eyebrow, his sweet breath making me relax a bit. I closed my eyes, shaking my head lightly..

"Nothing, it's just that-" I whispered before A knock came onto the door. My heart fluttered a bit as I jumped in fright. Liam chuckled before pecking my lips once again, and pulling away from me to open the door.

"I got it," he huffed as he turned the nob.

I watched as Niall stood there, eyes wide and frozen, his cheeks reddened. I erected myself even more, holding my breath to just hear him say he wanted to leave or something... Get away from Essie.

Wait, where's Essie?

I watched as Liam stood there for a second, Niall watching him closely.

"Where's Essie?" I blurted. They both turned to me, before her head popped out of Nialls back. Whoa there.

"Hi?" She sniffled, and I let my mouth drop.. What was going on? Why were they so tense?

"Liam, can I..erm.. Talk to you outside really quick, lad?" Nialls tone was lower than usual, his eyes switching between Essie and Liam.

Essie walked to my side, as Liam looked back at me, a little confused.

"Kelsey will you be oka-" I nodded and his lips curved into a small smile..before he looked back at Niall, who watched Essie in caution...and awe.

"Essie, will you be okay-" Niall murmured before he turned to me and waved sheepishly, his face concerned.

"Yeah, I'm fine..," Essie breathed awkwardly, her hazel brown eyes flickering to mine... I pursed my lips. Niall nodded, and they both walked out...and once the door closed...

"What the fuck was that, Essie?" I breathed in bewilderment. She sat down beside me, still watching the door.

"Did you tell hi-"

"Yup," she popped the p with another deep breath, eyes still wide as she sniffled again. My mouth opened into an O, and I fixed the oxygen tube.

"What did he say? What's.. Just.. Whutt. Tell me...everything," I shuffled under the sheets, pulling my hair up into a tighter bun.

She looked at me, an eyebrow raised.

"Got quite the energy back now... I'm assuming you forgave Liam?" She huffed at the last part... I frowned, setting my hands over my oxygen tube subconsciously.

"It wasn't his fault...," I mumbled, looking at my hands. Essie sighed.

"I'm sorry.. I didn't mean it like that.. I mean... Is everything good now? You two? Happy slappy in the hospital or what?" She blurted carelessly as she grabbed a bag of organic chips from her bag she had against her hip.

Her words made me laugh, and blush.

"Stahp," I smacked her arm. She chuckled through her nose, sticking a chip into her mouth as she shrugged.

"You never know, you guys are nuts for each other," she mumbled as she looked at the bag, focusing on the small print.

It was then that I noticed she completely ignored my earlier question. I gasped and Essie froze, snapping her head towards me in response. I smiled, closing my eyes to slits as I shook my head. She's a pro at changing subjects.

"You're good," I hissed, and Essie laughed, knowing what I meant before she smiled, biting her tongue like Miley Cyrus, except Essie looks so much better doing it. It looks... Swaggie.

"Did you just say Swaggie?" She snorted. I froze. Did I say that out loud?

"No..anyways, what did he say... And why are you eating that?" I changed the subject..

"Uh... Niall bought it for me, says it's 'healthier than the bag of Takis chips I had in my purse...and then he also bought a shitload of all these nutrient filled snacks too," she opened her back, tons of snacks.

I rose an eyebrow.

"Want one? Because we both know I don't like those mini apple pie bars, even if they only have 4 grams of sugar," she continued...

I was confused...she was talking about Niall like if he had never left. She passed me the bar, and I took it slowly...my mind trying to interpret the situation.

"So...he..knows?" I mumbled as Essie searched through her bag, nearly gagging at the protein bars. She froze at my words, before she looked up and smirked, a blush in her tan cheeks as she looked down..and nodded.

"Oh my god, Essie..and how did he react? Like..what?" I was so excited..yet so confused still.

"Let's just say he's now planned a whole new meal plan for me," she snorted.

I nearly jumped out of bed.

"Wait, so he's planning out... WHAT?" I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

She nodded... Giving me a believe it 'mhmmm'.

I squealed and she chuckled.

"I mean, he wants me to go to America with him!" she said. I widened my eyes.

"You're going too!" I gasped.. And she smiled so widely.

"Oh em gee." She laughed again. We laughed in joy as we thought about both of us going together...and it died down as she looked down at her little belly...

"I never thought he'd be so excited," she whispered..and I watched her expression, full of such pride and joy.

I felt like crying then..

She looked up at me, and her smile disappeared, her eyebrows furrowing as she stood.

"What's wrong, Kelsey's?" She asked softly.

I shook my head, my lip trembling as I reached in to hug her.

"I'm just so happy for you," I whispered.. And Essie hugged me back, kissing my temple as she laughed.

I mean, I knew I was so happy for my best friend... She was going to live a life...

that I won't ever have.