《Chapter 4》Check Her Out

Liam POV

"Damn, look at that, lads" Zayn nodded to the door as we sat. I smiled, I was surprised to even have the same class with these idiots.

I followed his gaze and rose my eyebrow in interest. This girl was standing with her back to us, an amazing toned bum fitting perfectly in the denim jeans she wore.

She pulled her hand up to slide her hair over her ear, but all I noticed was how her jumper lifted over her bum, giving us a better view.

"That's nice," Harry whispered, and I laughed as I gazed intensely, I mean, I knew I'd have to ask this new girl out. Perfect eye candy...

Before we could look away, she faced us and I looked up towards to see if her face matched her body.

I almost choked.

What the actual fuck?

I didn't know what to think when she turned around. The whole class quieted down, knowing our hatred for one another too well.

"Bloody hell, that's Kelsey." Harry whispered frantically. I ignored his obvious commentary, and glared at her reddening face of disbelief.

I sat there frozen, and embarrassed. Being former friends, I knew scanning a girl was a definite pet peeve of hers, and I awaited her furious rampage in front of the whole class.

To my utter surprise, she sighed and walked to the open desk in the corner, and I rose an eyebrow.

Something's not right, this is different. Why didn't she sock me in the face, cuss at me until the teacher had to drag her out of class?

I watched her completely ignore the situation, take out her books, and begin the warm up.

"Is it just me or did she just-" Zayn began in a whisper again. I nodded, looking closely at her bagged under eyes, and her grimace as she wrote. And then came the concern for her that I haven't felt since almost a year and a half ago.

"That's not Kelsey," Harry sarcastically joked a little too loudly. She threw a glance at us, and I looked away.

As I wrote, I thought, confused.

That's not Kelsey.

》》》》》》》》

Kesley POV

I could feel my face heat up, and I wanted so badly to just slap him hard. Liam knows I hate when people do that...

But then suddenly, my heart stuttered, a unique feeling, a palpitation. Their faces becoming a little blurred.

Calm down, Kelsey.

I sighed and walked away into the closest seat I could find, the room spinning a little.

I could hear them mumble to each other , and feel Liam's gaze on me.

I felt myself grimace.

I'm done fighting.

I'm done hating him.

But I will not take Essie's advice and tell him our secret.

Because like she said, 'It'll make him feel like shit', and the last thing I need is sympathy from him.

I endured the next 45 minutes as calmly as I could, feeling extremely tired from lack of bringing water and a snack with me.

The bell rang and I breathed heavily, taking my time grabbing my stuff. Half the class shuffled out, and I quickly followed.

I looked up, finding Amanda Kier's dark gaze. Amanda was the girl that had framed me and the reason I acheive World War III with Liam.

I gave up trying to clear my name, trying to get people to believe the truth, and they continued to believe the lie.

Including Liam.

But now, I let it go, and I was just going to try and survive. I only have a year left of school anyway.

I quickly turned away and headed for the door with my books in my arm, before she forced her elbow into my side, right on my kidney..

If only she knew.

I coughed a sigh of quiet agony, dropping my books in the hall, and watched her smirk as she walked away satisfied.

I could feel my eyes water as the pain continued, and I slowly bent down to grab them.

Before I knew it, another pair of hands helped me out, and I gave a warm tired smile.

"Thank you," I stood up as the guy passed me back my books. I looked up.

"I really appreci-" I stopped at the view of Liam's warm brown eyes, full of concern.

His face was intense as he scanned my face, and I knew he wasn't liking what he was seeing.

I looked over his shoulders at Zayn and Harry observing nosily, eyebrows raised with confusion.

I see what he's doing. Just like he did when he lost all his weight- embarass me just to show off his superiority to his gang.

I quickly nodded and hugged my books and turned away before he could joke and insult me.

I walked through the halls and to my locker, hating the fact that when I think of Liam, I think of my health, and how I can feel my body giving up, because I gave him a part of me.

"Kelsey, are you okay," Liam's voice suddenly asked through the crowd, a few gazes watching us.

"Never better, Liam," I said blankly, as I kept my gaze forward. I rushed to my locker, and Liam stopped beside it, his height towering over mine, a while since I've been so close to him..

"Are you sure? I-I mean, how have you been? How's your dad?" he struggled to organize his thoughts, I could tell.

That is so Liam, always asking about family...

I laughed

I miss this.

I miss my best friend.

I miss Liam.

But after so long of the same disappointment, something was off, and I slammed my locker shut, the halls almost empty. I did not want to be late.

"What's with the sudden change in personality? " I hissed angrily. He rose an eyebrow, before furrowing them, his full lips pursed in guilt.

He opened his mouth to respond, before the late bell rung in our ears, and I jumped. He grimaced.

We're late.

Now I have to get a late pass...with Liam

Don't know if this was a good or bad thing.

Guess we'll find out.