《Chapter 64》 Compromise

Liam POV

My gasps were loud and panted as I searched for Kelsey in the halls backstage..

Simon didn't know where she was, and she left her oxygen on the chair where I last saw her.

"Kelsey?!?" I yelled again, sprinting to the last room I can think of. The women's bathroom.

I open the door slowly, trying to calm down my dragged breaths and looked around at the empty white stalls.

"Liam?" a weak sniffle came by my ear.

I looked down and my heart stuttered at the sight of Kelseys swollen eyes and her body in fetal position against the wall.

I reflexively bend down on my knees, pushing her shoulders closer to me to make me feel a little better.

"What's wrong, Kels? Do..Do I call the ambulance... what do you need, what's wrong?" I pleaded as she began to cry again.

She shook her head as I lifted her up, and she asked to be put on her feet. I listened obediently, but remained cautious.

"What's. .why..Kelsey?" I was flustered as I breathed heavily, wrapping my arms around her head that I set against my chest.

Her breaths staggered as she cried harder, and I didn't know what to do but to feel like crying too.

She looked up at me, her blue eyes reddened.

"Liam, I have to go back to the UK," she sniffled.

I was baffled by her words.

"Wh..What? Why? Did I..Huh?" my mind and thoughts were running too quickly.

"My doctor called," she said.

I froze, grabbing her face in my palms, staring frantically...waiting for her to speak further.

She grimaced and breathed in another whimper.

"I'm at Stage 4 Renal Failure," her hands squeezed the hems of the back of my shirt...

I froze...and nearly felt like vomiting..

I felt weak now.

"Liam? Liam!" I could feel the room spinning..but Kelsey held me close but I pulled away, not wanting to accidentally fall.

"Wait..Liam..Listen...Liam...they have...they have kidneys ready for me," she cried again as I set my back against the wall.

I sliced my gaze back to her.

"What?" I breathed, my muscles relaxing at her nodd... a smile forced to form on her lips.

"That's. ..oh my god, Kelsey," my eyebrows furrowed as I pulled away from the walls to embrace my love.

"I'm so ..yes. Finally," the tears formed inside my eyes as I held her close, and she cried..and I cried..and I just felt so overwhelmed with happiness now.

She pulled away again, to look at me.

"You can't leave, Liam..You got to stay..for your fans," she pouted as she looked over my shoulder...and I turned around, to find Simon's gaze tight on mine before looking away.

I turned back to her, pursing my lips.

"The last thing I care about is this, Kelsey. I love my fans, but I know they'll understand,  even of management doesn't," I grazed her forehead with my lips.

She shook her head, before her face warped into stress. Last thing I need is for her to be stressed.

"Liam..I don't-" I kissed her lips from speaking, giving me time to think something up.

"Liam-" she tried to argue as she pulled away for air, her eyes closed.

"Love, if you really care so much about what they say... then..what about this. You know damn well I'm never leaving your side-"

"But I need to go back to get the-"

"I'll pay to have your doctors, and the kidneys sent over here. As soon as possible," I cut her frantic tone.

Her mouth fell in awe..and I smiled.

"If I can't be there for you over there, I'll make them be here for us," I kissed her again.

And that smile. .. that smile that was so pure, a real smile.

That's what kept me from breaking down in nervousness of what is to come.

But right now, all I tried to think about..was that Kelsey will now be healthy again...

You know, because I only need her for the next 90 years of my life.