《Chapter 20》 Break Up

LIAM POV

"I came by your house this morning," Amanda watched Kelsey walk away as we headed into the halls. Her face had lost it's color once she caught my eye in the parking lot.

I gulped, and kept looking straight... For some odd reason, when I looked at Amanda, I felt bad...

Because even though she's... well, she's Amanda, I still really care about her. 

"Yeah, Kelsey picked me up pretty early." I murmured, heading to my locker. Amanda's blonde eyebrows furrowed as she pursed her lips, as I rose mine; she's not going on a rampage with me... Odd.

"Oh," was all she said, leaning against the locker beside mine, looking straight.

"You missed practice yesterday," she blurted again, and I looked at her.

Her hazel eyes seemed to be watering. I sighed, picking up her chin and kissing her lips softly for comfort.

She smiled before I hugged her tightly. Not the same feeling, but still a nice one.

"I love you," she murmured as I kissed her blonde hair. I nodded.

" I.. I love you, too," I whispered back, before turning off and into my class.

Now completely indecisive.

*****

I headed into second period, sitting in my seat as I waited for Kelsey to enter, wanting to see her, be near her again.

But I waited, and the late bell had rung already. Mr.Fletcher assigned our individual assignment, and I got to it.

I worked on the worksheet, pulling out my notes to review cell phases. I furrowed my eyebrows, flipping through my messy notes.

A hand slid near me, setting down the most perfect set of notes I've seen in a while, cell phases as the title.

I looked up to find Kelsey looking down at her paper, the whole thing filled out already. When did she get here?

"Thanks," I murmured with a smile, and quickly worked on my questions.

"You've been here the whole time?" I asked, and Kelsey nodded softly, doodling as she waited. I rose an eyebrow...

"Really?" I smiled, a bit confused. She nodded again, looking at me with a soft grin, her eyes empty.

"Yeah,  I'm just so pale I blend in with the walls," she laughed, going back to her doodling. Her sarcastic tone made me let out a chuckle, shaking me head as I finished up.

"So, why you come in late? Are you feeling okay?" I asked, watching her resiliently shrug and nod.

"Kelsey, If you don't feel good I can-"

"Liam, I'm fine. Please stop worrying about me," she said softly, turning to me, her lips curved slowly, a forced smile.

I nodded, looking down at my work, throwing quick gazes at her here and there.

Silence, that's all I got as Kelsey listened to Fletcher's lesson.

Soon enough, the bell rang, and Kelsey packed up, smiling at me.

"I'll see you around," She headed for the door, but before I could follow her, Amanda's gaze was beside the frame, an innocent grin.

 "Hi, Babe," She said loud enough to make everyone look, including Kelsey. I waved awkwardly, the sudden feeling of pity for her leaving as she watched Kelsey walk away.

I got up and walked to the door, and Amanda wrapped her hand around mine, blissful as I felt my lips purse together in frustration.

"Amanda, we need to talk," I finally blurted as she glared at me by my locker. She froze, her face reddening.

"I'm breaking up with you," i sighed, closing my locker, thinking about next period with Kelsey already.

"Are you sure about that, Liam?" she said softly, looking down, playing the innocent facade. I rose an eyebrow, finally understanding her little actions. She was trying to play nice for once, just to make me feel bad. How gullible of me.

Well, guess Kelsey was right...

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure," I said as I glared at her. She pulled her blonde hair behind her ear, giving me a devious smirk.

"Okay then, see you at practice today," she hissed, pushing by me with a hard shouldering.

I huffed and rolled my eyes, a giant weight lifted off. 

Now to go see my Kelsey again.