《Chapter 74》Funeral's Final Words

Liam POV

The clouds darkened now as I unwillingly moved myself forward against the rain. The cold drips that fell down my face, the cold drops that soiled my black suit-were numb to me.

I tried to take in what was actually happening... hoping that it was all a dream.

I looked to my side, Mr.Diamonds, eyes swelled like the rest of us. My father behind him, his strong façade close to it's breaking point.

Behind me, Daniel was the opposite, whimpering and moaning in grief, as we all carried the coffin.

The coffin that held the only thing that had once kept me breathing happily, that kept a smile on my face, that gave me life in so many ways.

And it pained to know the four men that loved her so much, now carried her down into a world of death.

Mr.Diamonds lost it then, falling to his knees as they set her down in the ground.

I didn't cry, because I couldnt anymore.

I didn't talk, because I had nothing to say.

And I couldn't feel, because I felt too much the last two weeks.

But as they burried my bestfriend, my life, my love...

As they burried Kelsey.

That's when I lost it.

The cries only deepend the already dark empty feeling in my chest. The feeling of defeat, the feeling of nothing.

I had to look away..and I watched Essie walk out off the grass, and into the building outside the burial site...her hands wrapped around my godchild.

The godchild that Kelsey and I were suppose to bless...

But that I was left to love on my own if anything happened to Essie.

The agony...the knot in my throat at the thought...I couldn't...I can't.

I tried to look back in front of me to rid my mind of our broken future.

But how could I?

All the strangers around me, all the people I never got to formally meet.. that I could've met at our wedding, or when we'd throw a baby shower after the day that we'd agree to start a family...which will now never happen,...

The strangers I wanted to know once Kelsey and I were old and grey...

...would now remain strangers.

And this destroyed me to the core.

I couldn't bare to watch Kelsey be buried anymore, I've had enough...

So I looked at Daniel, and we both nodded-for once peacefully understanding one another.

I grimaced as I began to drag my feet backwards, turning my back to the ceremony that I knew I couldn't bare to hold on to... to live through.. to hurt through.

So, I found shelter in my car, and I shut the door in attempt to isolate from the reality that was destroying me.

I sat there, frozen, lifeless as I gazed ahead at the falling rain, giving the illusion that the tiny droplets were thousands of pounds as they made people drop to their knees in front of Kelsey' s burial site.

I looked down at my hands, tempted to turn the engine and drive away, before the slip of paper in between my glove department caught my attention.

And I forced my hand to reach for the envelope, the envelope that kills me inside to think still existed. That was still for me to read.

I forced it in between my fingers, and the touch sent an unusual chill down my spine.

I looked down at the thick paper blankly, before a low moan escaped my dried lips..

To Liam... ♥

It read...and I knew then it was Kelsey's letter.

My hands trembled as I turned it around to open the seal... before another small handwriting was written.

You know I don't like licking the glue seal...so I put tape for both our convenience. Love you.

The sight of the sentence made my heart beat harshly, and I couldn't help but feel my lips pull up at the edges.

This was going to make it harder to believe that she was..gone.

I slowly untaped the envelope, making sure to keep it as it is... And I took a breath, before I unfolded the letter slowly.

The date read 3 months ago...The date that Kelsey was going to go in for her surgery... memories flooded, but I kept my eyes shut, ripping them away before I broke down again.

I let my gaze fall to the neat handwriting.

Dear Liam,

It began.

Before i shut it again.

This didn't feel right.

LITERALLY THE LAST THREE CHAPTERS WERE SO HARD TO WRITE...

THIS MIGHT JUST BE THE FINAL CHAPTER.

I DON'T KNOW IF I COULD DO THIS ANYMORE, MAN.. IT HURTS.

UM... I FEEL SO BAD FOR ALL THE READERS WHO'S HEART BREAKS JUST AS MINE DOES.

DID THIS CATCH YOU OFF GUARD A BIT?

ANYWAYS, PLEASE LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS, THIS WILL ULTIMATELY DECIDE THE FATE OF THE ENDING OF THIS BOOK.

THANK YOU FOR ALL THAT READ SINCE DAY YOU.

YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING IN EVERY WAY POSSIBLE.

I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH, OKAY?

Okay.

SO PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK AND I'LL GET BACK TO YOU GUYS LATER.

I REALLY AM UNSURE ABOUT THIS BOOK'S ENDING.

SO YEAH. SO SOZ. LOVE YOU.

~Y