《Chapter 1》Kidney Donor

I laughed at Harry's stupid remark, looking across the hall, finding the most unanticipated gaze passing by.

"Liam," her voice hissed sarcastically, the voice I used to enjoy a few years back, now something I can't stand.

I forced my lip to roll up in disgust, her expression just the same as mine.

I took a gulp of my water habitually, making sure I did as the doctor said. My life was now perfect, since someone gave up their kidney for me, and was able to enjoy my senior year in peace.

Except, I couldn't... because of her.

She was the only real problem now, something I'll never forgive her for, even if it happened years ago.

******

He laughed at something that stupid Harry kid said, and to my utter surprise, his brown eyes met mine. Habitually, I twitched to play off the hate, and he did the same.

"Liam," I hissed, rolling my eyes when he rolled his lip in disgust.

"I hate you," he spit back.

"Feeling's mutual," I shouldered him harshly for his words, his muscular figure so different from the nerd I met freshman year... He gave me a dark glare, turning as he continued to walk, the rest of his 'gang' staring back at me.

Even though I should be used to all this hate from Liam , it hurt to know that I held the deepest secret from him..

A secret I know would irrevocably changed things.

I kept him alive, I gave him my kidney.

And he has not a clue.