《Chapter 10》Bad News

Kelsey POV

"It's fine," I assured as Essie stood at my door, my eyes swollen with tears, as well as hers.

"Kelsey, please just tell me. Please," she pleaded. I sunk my face into my pillow, not wanting her to smell the alcohol. I shook my head. I could feel Essie become impatient and she stomped her foot.

"God Dammit, Kelsey!" she huffed as she sniffled. She was now angry.. and was attempting to offend me in some way.

How do i know my friend so well? Because I do..

"Well.. Well," I heard her pace in my room as she thought. For once in my entire life with her, I regret giving her my room key. I just needed my time alone right now..

"Well, I told him, okay? How about that?" she blurted at me. I froze, and lifted my face out of the pillow, a gasp, my face angry.

"YOU DID WHAT?" I yelled, I stood up, grabbing the pillow and throwing it at her, the tears now running down my cheeks. She saw my face, and her lip quivered in sadness before her eyes filled with tears.

"I'm sorry. I told Niall, okay. Not Liam... and he swore that he'd never say a word," she cried, apologetically. I felt so overwhelmed right now. I grabbed another pillow and threw myself back on the bed, wishing I could die already right now.

I felt so bad seeing my best friend cry, but I felt even worst inside. I've completely given up.

"I'm sorry, okay?" she cried and I cried harder. Thank god my mom works 24/7.

"It's okay, Essie. I don't care anymore, about anything," I said in a sullen tone.

I scooted to the corner of my mattress, grabbing the half finished litre of wine from under my bed, taking a gulp right from the bottle. Essie gasped, pulling it out of my hand and literally throwing it out of the window. Oh well... atleast I had enouhh to calm me down..

"Kelsey, No!" she yelled at me, lifting me up and shaking my shoulder.

"Kelsey, this isn't you," she looked straight at me, her hazel brown eyes darkening with sadness. My eyes welled with tears and I refused to look back.

"Alot of people aren't themselves anymore," I replied. Images of Liam..

Why did I miss my best friend so much?

Maybe because I wanted to see him one last time before I died.

"Kelsey.." she murmured, still trying to get it out of me. I didn't want to think about it, and I just had to get it out of my chest.

" Essie, stop it okay. I have 14 months, okay? Now please go. I don't need you seeing me like this," I pushed her away..

Just like everyone was pushing me away.

"Niall's going to tell him, then I'm going to make sure I don't have to deal with Liam anymore. I really wish you hadn't, Essie.I'm going to switch schools then. Yeah, that sounds decent," I murmured mindlessly. Essie busted into tears, hugging me so tightly it hurt, but maybe that was just because I was dying and like Niall had said- am very fragile.

"He won't. He won't Kelsey. Niall's a good person... and we have something," she murmured. I forced a smile. Glad I know I'll be leaving her in good hands. Horan's a good pal.

"I know he won't. Because he knows you have to tell him," she said again. I sighed. She's never going to let that go.

" I hope he doesn't," was all I said, before I let myself cry into her shoulder, just as she did to mine.