Chapter 16: Pink Hair, Sparkles, and Sequins

A/N: Haiii.

*

Lacey’s POV

Ring Ring Ring

“Hello?” I heard Cole’s deep voice answer. “Where were you last night?” I asked, getting straight to the point. “What?” He asked, dumbly. “Where. Were. You. Last. Night?” I said, speaking slowly but sternly. “Out with some friends, why?” He asked. “Oh, just because Georgia’s claiming that you were with her.” I said, biting the inside of my cheek in anger.

Silence.

“Cole….?” I asked, I heard him clear his throat uncomfortably. I laughed humorlessly and clicked the ‘END’ button with more force than needed. I marched back into the lunchroom and stood in the archway, hands on my hips. “Georgia.” I demanded. “Yes, Lace?” She said sweetly. “Did you and Cole bang last night?” I asked, raising a brow. She was taken aback by my abruptness before she composed herself. “I thought you already got your answer.” She said, gesturing to my phone that was in my hand. “No, I didn’t get a straight answer.” I said sternly. “Did you and Cole bang last night?” I said, repeating my previous question. She smirked maliciously.

“Yes.”

~             *             ~             *             ~

“I’ll cut his balls off.” Ella said, stuffing another spoonful of ice cream into her mouth. I snorted. “I wouldn’t even mind.” I said, picking up the remote. We were currently in my room, on my bed, eating ice cream and watching TV. “We should do something.” She declared, setting her ice cream down. “Like what?” I asked, raising a brow. “We should get revenge.” She smirked evilly.

~             *             ~             *             ~

Ella and I were currently hiding behind the door in the art room, our knees pulled up to our chests as we tried to make ourselves as small as possible. I had texted Cole a few minutes ago, telling him to meet me in the art room, we needed to talk. Yes, I felt a little guilty, but when I did, all I had to do was remember that he cheated on me. Suddenly, the door opened slightly. “Lacey?” And that’s when our plan started. First, a bucket of water came pouring down on his head, then Ella and I jumped up with cans of pink spray paint and we sprayed his hair, finally for the finale, as we ran, we picked up to huge buckets, filled with sparkles and sequins, and chucked them at him.

Ella and I burst out laughing as we saw his face. He was absolutely livid. “Really, this is what you called me here for?” He asked, his tone laced with anger. I smirked, walking up to him so we were chest to chest. “Consider it revenge.” I said, my tone turning cold. “Lacey…” He trailed off. “No.” I said simply, walking away with Ella behind me.  “Oh my god, that was so freaking funny.” Ella said once we got outside, wiping a fake tear. “Yeah.” I said distracted. “You okay?” She asked. “Yeah, I’m fine.” I said, giving her a small smile.

~             *             ~             *             ~

I was sitting in English, jotting down notes when the classroom door burst open. I turned my head to see a very pink-haired Cole. Everyone started chuckling and I grinned to myself at my doing; mentally patting myself on the back. Cole took the only empty seat in the class, which of course, was next to me. I held my head up with my hand, resting my chin in the palm of my hand. “Hey.” He murmured quietly. I ignored him and continued writing. “Nice hair.” I said coldly. “Thanks, this really hot girl and her friend did it.” He said, grinning lopsidedly. “Flattery will get you nowhere, Cole Harris.” I said, focusing on my writing. “Lacey, we need to talk.” He said, his tone turning serious. “There’s nothing to talk about, Cole.” I said quietly.

“Yes there is, Lacey please just hear me out.” He begged me, his eyes pleading. I sighed, defeated. “Fine.” I said simply. “I’ll meet you outside after class, okay?” He asked. I nodded, returning to my writing.

~             *             ~             *             ~

I walked outside, tugging my hood up as it was drizzling slightly. It was a particularly cool day and I was a little cold. I tugged my scarf closer around me. Cole pushed himself off of his car, walking towards me slightly. I pulled my bag off of my shoulder and dropped it in the passenger seat of his car. I stood in front of him, shivering slightly in the cold. “Well?” I asked, crossing my arms over my chest. “Lacey, I didn’t sleep with her.” He said quietly. “Wow, what an expected thing to say.” I said sarcastically. “Can you really blame me if I don’t believe you?” I said. I cut him off as he went to speak. “It was a rhetorical question.” I said, closing my eyes.

“Lacey, please. You need to believe me, I didn’t sleep with her.” He said, his eyes pleading. I took in a deep breath. “Cole, I really don’t want to do this, I’m tired.” I said, suddenly feeling exhausted. “Lacey please, she’s doing the same thing to you that she did to Amanda, I can’t lose you.” He said quietly, his eyes closing. I opened my eyes and took a good look at him, at how tired and broken he looked. “Is that what you think?” I asked, softly. He just stood there, his hands in his pockets and his shoulders slumping. “Cole.” I whispered, coming closer to him.

I cupped his face with my right hand, and rested the other one of his chest. He leaned into my touch, planting a light kiss into the palm of my hand. “I’m sorry she’s doing this again.” He whispered. “It’s not your fault.” I said quietly, leaning up to kiss him. “It’s not your fault.”

*

A/N: Well, lotta crap went down in that chapter, tell me what you thiiiink!

Pic of Cole over to the side  ~>

xoxox