Chapter 19: Don't Do Anything Illegal

A/N: Halloooo.

Pic of Cole over to the side ~> (You’re welcome.)

*

Lacey’s POV

I groaned again as I was attempting to get my shoes on. The damn were too high, too painful, and extremely difficult to get on. But according to Ella, ‘They made my short legs look sexy.’ I rolled my eyes as I remembered our previous conversation.

“I am not wearing that!” I all but shouted as she held up a sparkly purple and blue dress. “It goes against everything I stand for!” I groaned, falling backwards on my bed. “You’re being a little dramatic.” She sighed, hanging the dress back on the hanger. “I am not being dramatic. And where did you even get that dress!” I said exasperated, gesturing towards the dress she had in her hand. “I dunno, I went to a party, came out with a different dress on, I really liked the dress I wore there too.” She muttered under her breath, chewing on her nail. A habit she had when she was focusing. “ELLA, HI.” I said, snapping my fingers in front of her face.

“What? Oh sorry.” She muttered. “So, I need to find you something to wear…” She trailed off,

And let’s just say it was all downhill from there.

“Nope, I am not wearing this.” I declared, throwing the death trap of a shoe at her and pulling the dress off. I wandered into my closet, pushing past Ella to get to my jeans. I grabbed a pair of dark wash skinny jeans and an old band tee; I grabbed my leather jacket and my white converse. “Really?” Ella groaned as she saw what I was wearing. “You practically wear that every day.” I clasped my favorite key necklace around my neck and turned to her. “I wear it, because it’s what I’m comfortable in.” I said, giving her a pointed look. She rolled her eyes, and began putting the miscellaneous shirts and dresses back on their hangers. “Lacey! Cole’s here!” My mom shouted from downstairs as I was grabbing my bag. I slung it over my shoulder and followed Ella downstairs. “Hey Cole.” Ella said to him, not really glancing at him as she made her way out the door.

“I’m going to meet the boys and Lia; we’ll see you guys tomorrow.” Ella said, winking at me before she closed the door. “Hey.” I said, turning to Cole. “Hey.” He said, smiling. “Hey Harris, stop staring at my daughter.” My mom said, snapping her fingers in front of his face, making his cheeks tint pink again. “Sorry.” He muttered, though mom had a smile on her face. “I’ll make sure I have her home by eleven-thirty.” Cole said, though it came out more as a question. “That’s fine, you’re lucky it’s a Friday.” Mom stated before smiling at us both. “Don’t do anything illegal.” She stated, her face turning serious. “Oh my god, mom.” I groaned, pushing Cole towards the door.

Mom laughed hysterically as I was closing the door. “Bye mom!” I shouted, blowing out a breath once we were outside. “I love your mom.” Cole said, slinging an arm around me. “Maybe you should date my mom then.” I said, then scrunching up my face in disgust as I realized how that sounded. “That didn’t come out right.” I stated. He laughed, opening the car door for me. “So what are we doing tonight?” I asked.

Boy, I would definitely get my answer.

~             *             ~             *             ~

The first place Cole drove us was to the movies. We were going to see the 8 o’clock showing of the latest action movie out. However, that did not necessarily go as planned. A third of the way through the movie, we realized how boring the movie was and started a popcorn war, resulting in us getting kicked out. “That was your fault.” I laughed, pulling a piece of popcorn out of my hair and eating as we walked through the parking lot. “That was not my fault, you started the popcorn war, I just reciprocated.” Cole stated, throwing an arm around me. “Uh-huh.” I said, still laughing slightly. “Where to now?” I asked, turning to stand in front of him once we reached the car. He just gave me a sly smile, opening the door again. “You’ll see.” He answered, slamming the door closed again.

~             *             ~             *             ~

20 minutes later, I found myself wandering down a random street with a bunch of shops on it. “Oo, let’s go in this one.” I said, tugging on Cole’s hand and pulling him into a shop with a bunch of dainty knickknacks. The small bell on the door rung as we walked into the shop, the woman behind the counter, giving us a warm smile. I wandered around, looking at random things. I leaned over the counter, looking at the assortment of necklaces and bracelets, all of them being so beautiful. Cole suddenly reappeared at my side. “Come on.” He said, tugging on my hand and leading us to the door.
“Okay.” I said, my face falling in slight disappointment. The woman behind the counter winked at me, leaving me confused as Cole continued pulling me alongside the sidewalk.

“Let’s go down here.” He said, pointing to the water that was glistening in the moonlight, cliché I know, but true. I kicked my shoes off as we neared the sand, my feet sinking into it. I sighed out contented. “I bought you this.” Cole said, holding out a small box. “When did you buy this?” I asked, my brows furrowing. “In the shop back there, there was a reason I dragged you out of there.” He answered, giving me a half smile. I took the box and slowly slid the lid off of it to reveal a necklace, it had a swirl, that looked a lot like an infinity sign and a glittering charm in the middle.

It was absolutely beautiful.

“Cole, you didn’t have to do this.” I gasped, slipping the necklace on my neck. “I know,” he started, pulling my hair back. “I wanted to.” He added. I smiled, before we both began leaning in, his lips nearing mine.

And then I was flying.

*

A/N: Hi, teeny weeny bit of a cliffhanger. I do apologize, *smiles sheepishly*.

Few things:

THIS STORY HAS OVER 1K READS.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

I do apologize for my fangirling moment.

THANK YOU.

OH, and I changed the person that plays Cole, instead of it being Theo James, he’s now going to be played by Wade Poezyn because hot.

Anywhale,

~'~'~'Comment and Vote Please!'~'~'~

I love you guys! xoxoxo