Chapter 8: The Panty-Dropping Hair

A/N: Hello there.

*

Lacey’s POV

I woke up the next morning in way too good of a mood for it to be normal. I turned on my side and almost screamed when I saw a body lying next to me until I realized that it was Cole. I took the time to be a creeper and study his facial features; his cheekbones, his tousled hair, his long eyelashes. “You look really creepy right now.” Cole stated, eyeing me warily. I grinned. “Nope, something’s wrong. You’re never this happy. Who are you and what the hell have you done with Lacey Smith?” Cole asked, shaking me by the shoulders.

 “Would you stop?” I asked, chuckling. Cole raised a brow, then broke out into the hugest grin I think I’ve ever seen in the whole 17 years of my life. “You’re really weird, you know that? First you ask me why I’m so happy, then you start smiling like a pedophile that just found out he was in a child’s toy store.” I said, raising my brows. It’s all silence before Cole breaks out into complete knee-slapping laughter. “Are you okay?” I ask in all seriousness. “Y-yeah. That was just really funny.” He said, before looking at me, a light smile playing on his lips.

I smiled too, before leaning in. his smile dropped and he leaned in closer. I stopped him right before our lips touched. “Nice try, Loverboy. We’re gonna be late for school.” I said, before jumping out of bed and running into the bathroom. “Lacey!” He yelled, while I laughed.

~             *             ~             *             ~

“I freaking hate this class.” I muttered, sitting down in a desk next to Ella. “I know, I feel your pain.” She mumbled, studying her nails. “Ms. Smith! Ms. Johnson! Would you like to join us, or would you rather spend your day in the office?!” Mr. Ross asked. “I have a feeling I don’t really have a choice in the matter anyway.” I stated, rolling my eyes. “Ms. Smith, I have given you enough chances, but you’re pushing your luck here.” He said, oddly calm.

“Hey, Mr. Ross, isn’t your name Richard?” I asked, throwing him off. “Well, I’m not necessarily supposed to tell you that but, yes, my name is Richard.” He answered. “So, would you mind if I called you Dick?” I asked, biting the inside of my cheek to keep from laughing. Ella burst out laughing, a tear actually slipping from her eye. The class erupted in laughter and I bit my lip at the teachers face. He looked very angry but I couldn’t help myself and let a few giggles slip.

“Ms. Smith please gather your things and go down to the office, you too Ms. Johnson.” Mr. Ross said, frustrated. “Class please settle down.” He ordered, however the class was a bit busy laughing. “CLASS! I said SETTLE DOWN!” He yelled. I whistled and left the classroom, Ella behind me. “Ohmigod. That was one of the funniest things I have witnessed in my whole 17 years of life." She said. "It was pretty funny wasn't it?” I asked, grinning. “Freaking hysterical.” She said, finally composing herself.

“Ladies.” Cole said, standing in front of us in the hallway, Axel, Casper, and Kayden standing behind him. “What’s so funny?” Cole asked, taking in our red cheeks and big grins. “Oh nothing, Lacey was just being her usual charming self.” Ella answered, snickering. Cole’s eyebrows furrowed and he looked at me. I just grinned and turned to my locker, punching in the combination. I quickly dropped my books and slammed it closed.