Chapter 3: The Beach

A/N: Haaaiii. It’s hot :/ I’m sweating. Ew.

*

Lacey’s POV

No. Stop it right now Lacey. Do not get close to him. Do not get close to anyone. Keep your walls up, you don’t need to remake your mistakes just because it’s a different person.

I hadn’t even realized I zoned out until Lia started snapping her fingers in front of my face. “Earth to Lacey. Earth to Lacey.” My eyes snapped up to meet hers. “What?” I asked. She raised a questioning eyebrow, then narrowed her eyes. “Weird.” She muttered before walking towards Casper. I shook my head, ridding myself of my previous thoughts.

Let it go, Lace. Let it go.

“I guess we all should probably head home. It’s getting late.” Ella said before shivering. “And cold.” She muttered. Axel slung his jacket over her shoulders before smiling at her, his dimples on full display. She blushed, looking down.

Aw, how sweet.

“Yeah, good idea.” Kayden said, all of us nodding in agreement. “Bye guys! I’ll see you tomorrow!” Kayden yelled before getting into his car and driving away. “Bye Lace, I’ll see you tomorrow.” Ella smiled before getting into Axel’s car. “Byeeeeeee!” Lia and Casper yelled obnoxiously in sync as they drove away. An amused smile sat on my lips as I turned towards Cole, shaking my head.

“Welp, guess I’ll see you tomorrow, Mr. Scary Bad Boy.” I said grinning. His lips turned up into a smirk, chuckling slightly. “See you.” He said simply. I beeped before pulling out of the small parking lot and driving towards my house. I parked in the driveway and made sure I locked the doors before I headed inside.

“HI MOM HI DAD!” I yelled, kicking my shoes off. “Hi honey.” My mom smiled before sitting down on the couch and flipping the TV on. “Hi sweetheart.” My dad said, sitting down right next to her. I smiled as my dad slung his arm around her. Making my way upstairs, I opened my bedroom door and walked in. I dropped my bag on my bed and walked towards my stereo.

“Hey darling.” I heard a familiar deep voice say. I jumped, looking for the source of the voice. There he was. Cole was sitting on the windowsill straight across from mine. His head was resting on the wall and he was smirking. “What the hell are you doing?” I asked, narrowing my eyes. “Uh, sweetheart, I live here.” He said, raising an amused eyebrow.

My eyes went wide. “No you do not.” I said, walking towards the window. “But I do.” He stated smugly. “This is my house.” He said grinning. “But-but-“ I stuttered. “We’re going to be seeing each other a lot more.” He said, jumping off the windowsill and back into his room. “Night sweetheart. Dream about me.” He smirked before slamming the window shut.

I groaned and slammed my head down on my stereo before wincing. “Try not to think about me too much.” He said, slamming the window shut once more, grinning at me through the glass. I gave him the finger.

*

Thank god it was Saturday.

I groaned into my pillow and rolled over. I stood up and stretched, yawning as I did so. I grabbed my phone and saw that I had 2 new messages. The first one was from Ella. El: Do you wanna go to the beach today? It’s supposed to be warm. I typed a quick reply. Lace: Yeah sure. Pick me up around 12? I sent it and checked the other message.

Cole the Hottie: Did you dream about me? ;) The butthead must’ve snuck his number in my phone last night when I wasn’t paying attention. Lace: How did you get my number? -_- I sent, before heading into the bathroom. When I came out, Cole had replied. Cole the Hottie: Not important. See you later, darling I rolled my eyes at his text and decided not to reply.

I walked over to my stereo and let The Killers’ music blast throughout my room. I tossed a bikini and a pair of shorts onto my bed. Changing, I pulled a white flowy tank top over my outfit. I decided against putting makeup on and gently let my hair loose. It flowed down my back in loose waves. I nodded my head to the music and danced around slightly as I put my clothes away.

I pulled my curtains away from the window and opened it, letting Cole get an earful of my music. I tossed a towel on my bed as well as sunscreen and my favorite pair of aviators. Grabbing a bag, I thoved all of the stuff into it. “You like The Killers?” I heard Cole ask. I spun around to face him. “Yeah, they’re one of my favorite bands.” I said, smiling slightly.

“You’re an interesting one, Lacey Smith.” Cole said, smiling.

*

“Why are they coming?!” I cried. Ella grinned sheepishly. “Because they wanted to come..?” she said, though it came out more as a question. “Fine.” I muttered. Before me, stood Cole, Kayden, Axel, Ella, and Lia; all in bathing suits.

After about 20 minutes of driving with us all packed into a minivan, we managed to get to the beach. It was a more secluded area away from the main beach, so there weren’t many people there. I immediately jumped out and ran onto the beach. I laid my towel out and tossed my bag down, flicking my shoes off.

I heard the rest of the gang chuckling behind me. “You wanna go swimming?” Ella asked, playing with the hem of her tee shirt. “Sure.” I smiled, tugging my tank top off and slipping my shorts down. I let my hair loose and watched the boys gawk at us in my peripheral vision. I smirked and walked towards the water, letting my feet soak in the warm water. I sighed before diving into the water. I came up and wiped my eyes, before being lifted up. I shrieked and began thrashing around in the person’s arms.

“Let me go!” I yelled, laughing. “Not a chance.” Cole whispered against my neck. “Help! Kayden! Axel! Casper! Help! Attack him!” I yelled before Cole threw me up in the air and tossed my in the water. I came up sputtering and coughing. “Jesus, you could’ve at least warned me when you were gonna throw me in.” I mumbled, still coughing.

“You okay.” He asked smirking slightly. “Help me up?” I asked, considering my feet couldn’t touch the ground. He reached his hand out to mine and I grabbed it before pulling him in. I sputtered with laughter when he resurfaced, his face set in a grim expression. I doubled over in laughter, falling into the water.

The action wasn’t all that funny, it was just his face that made me die of laughter. “Nice try, darling. But you’re gonna have to do better than that.” He whispered in my ear, making my breath hitch in the back of my throat, before he threw me in the water once more. “Asshole.” I muttered as he shakes with laughter.

*

A/N: Well this sucks and it’s not edited. Oops. Ily xo