Chapter 12: I Miss Her Too

A/N: Ayyyyyeeeeee.

*

~Cole's POV~

I watched, frozen in place as Jace completely broke down. After a minute of listening to him sob, I walked over to him and sat down next to him. "I miss her too." I said, my voice broken. "I just don't know what to do without her, you know?" He asked, burying his face in his hands yet again. "I do. You might not believe it, but I was really upset when she," I paused, swallowing the lump in my throat, "when she passed." I said, staring straight ahead. "Please," he scoffed, "you didn't even have the decency to come to her funeral." He said. I turned to look at him. "I was there, Jace. I don't do well with people getting emotional, I didn't want to be seen so I hung around in the back. I went in to see her body after everyone had left." I said, unfortunately remembering the depressing time.

I quietly walked into the room where she was sat. I gently closed the door, doing my best to not attract any attention. I swallowed the lump in my throat and walked over to her coffin, kneeling before her body. "Hey Am." I said, grabbing her hand. "Jace hates me even more than he did when you were uh, alive." I said, my face twisting in disgust as I said the word. "I miss you so much, Manda." I whispered, the tears brimming my eyes. "I never wanted those things to happen to you. We were just always fighting and you were always so unhappy, I just, I couldn't be the source of your unhappiness." I said, a tear slipping from my eye. "I never slept with that girl, you know. She just spread the rumor across the school, it was Georgia, by the way. She just hated you so much, for no reason at all. She wanted to get back at you." I said, the tears finally falling. "Are you happy, Amanda?" I asked. "I'm crying, I am actually crying. Cole Harris, is actually crying." I said, wiping my cheeks. "I'm so sorry, Amanda." I said, kissing her hand, before I got up and left.

"Don't you think that I've beaten myself up enough, Jace. I carry that burden with me everyday. Knowing that maybe if I hadn't been so careless and if I had just explained the problems we were having that maybe she would still be here!" I shouted, standing up and kicking the wall. I leaned myself against it, breathing heavily. "I do too. Maybe if I hadn't been such a jerk about the whole situation, she would still be here." Jace mumbled quietly. "I'm really sorry Jace." I said, running a hand through my hair. "I know." He murmured. "Can you please take me to Lacey?" I asked, turning to him.

~Lacey's POV~

I quietly laid on the mattress on the floor, staring at the ceiling. Dan had left the room to go talk to someone, leaving me to just think. I had closed my eyes when I heard a thump come from the doorway. I turned my head to see Cole standing there, relief written all over his face as he looked at me. He rushed over to me and immediately enveloped me into a hug. "I'm so glad that you're okay." he whispered. Jace stood behind him, hiss head hung. I pushed Cole away, holding him firmly by the shoulders. "Did you push her to suicide?" I asked softly, a fleck of fear in my eyes. "No, Lacey. I didn't even cheat on her, it was just a rumor some bitch threw around." Cole said, tears brimming his eyes. "I'm sorry." Cole whispered quietly, leaning his head on my shoulder. "It's okay." I mumured, running my hand through his hair. "It's okay." I said quietly.

*

A/N: So yes, this happened. Quick warning, this chap is unedited, I do sincerely apologize.

Song of the chapter: Stay With Me- Sam Smith

Favorite Lines:

I don't want you to leave, won't you hold my hand?

Oh won't you stay with me, 'cause you're all I need

This ain't love, it's clear to see, but darling, stay with me

xoxox