Chapter 11: Let Her Go

A/N: Hellloooooo. This chapter is in Cole's POV of basically what happened last chapter.

*

Cole's POV

Why hasn't she picked up her damn phone?

Lacey had sent me a text this morning that she was going out for a run and that she would be back soon, that was 3 hours ago, and she still wasn't back yet. I pulled on my hair for the thousandth time in frustration. Where was she? What if she was hurt? What if someone took her? All of these thoughts ran through my mind at a hundred miles per hour. She couldn't be hurt, I promised her that I would keep her safe. I was rudely interrupted by the sound of my phone ringing. I immediately lunged at it, hoping it was Lacey. Hm, unknown number, ah, oh well, I'll answer it anyway.

"Hello?" I asked, hope in my voice. "Cole Harris." I heard Jace's menacing voice speak through the phone. "Jace." I gritted my teeth. "I have your very beautiful girlfriend, Cole." He said, and I could practically hear the ugly smile through the phone. "Let her go." I said. "Hm, let me think about that one, no. You took what was important to me, so I'm taking what's important from you." Jace said, his voice dark. "She has nothing to do with this and you know that, so let her go." I tried again, gritting my teeth once more. "If you're smart, you'll meet me in the fifth alley-way in downtown in 15 minutes. I'll see you soon, Cole." He said, sneering my name at the end.

He hung up before I could even answer him.

~        *        ~        *        ~

I stood in the fifth alley-way in downtown, leaning against the brick wall of the building. I was absentmindedly kicking at a rock when Jace suddenly appeared. I pushed off the wall, immediately grabbing him by the collar of his jacket. "Where the hell is she?" I asked. Jace ripped my hands away from his jacket. "You'd better be quiet or I won't tell you." He said, narrowing his eyes. "Dammit Jace!" I yelled, pulling at my hair. "Now you know how it feels, Cole! To be missing something that means so much to you! You killed my sister!" He yelled, his face becoming red and his eyes becoming watery.

"Jace, you and I both know that I didn't pull the trigger." I said quietly. "You still led her to it! If it wasn't for you she wouldn't be in the ground! She still be living! She'd still be here!" He yelled, getting more frustrated by the second. "You killed my sister!" he yelled, the dam finally breaking loose. And I watched as my sworn enemy broke down. He had lost everything. He crumpled against the wall, holding his head between his hands. "Amanda." He said quietly. "Amanda."

~        *        ~        *        ~

Lacey's POV

No. Cole isn't a killer. He couldn't have. He wouldn't have. He didn't kill her. He couldn't have. "No, Cole wouldn't have. Cole isn't a killer. He didn't kill someone." I said, starting to hyperventilate slightly. "You're right." Dan said simply. "Wait, what?" I asked, furrowing my brow. "Cole didn't kill her. However, according to Jace, he led her to it." Dan said, still keeping his eyes trained on the window, as if he was expecting if to move.

"What do you mean 'he led her to it'?" I asked. "Cole and Amanda used to be a thing once upon a time." Dan started. "They weren't good together, they fought all of the time and they didn't agree on anything. After a few months, Cole broke up with her, but Amanda still loved him. I guess a week after they broke up, Cole slept with some other girl. Amanda was devastated. She refused to come out of her room, she didn't eat, she really loved him and the thought of him being with someone else broke her heart. Amanda started hearing rumors about cole sleeping around a lot, it really got to her. One night, she went to what was supposed to be a secluded area. Cole and Jace were there. Jace was yelling at him, telling him all about how he broke his sisters heart."

"When they turned their heads, Amanda was standing there, the gun pressed to her temple and tears running down her face. They both tried talking her out of it, but it was no use. She pulled the trigger anyway." Dan ended, a distant look in his eyes. "Oh my god." I murmured quietly. "Cole." I whispered quietly.

*

A/N: Well, short chap, but this did explain things a little bit more, I hope at least.

Song of the chapter: Flaws-Bastille

Favorite Lines:

You have always worn your flaws upon your sleeve, and I have always buried them deep beneath the ground.

Dig them up, let's finish what we started, dig them up, so nothing's left untouched.

xoxox