Chapter twenty-six

Final chapter for this book, announcement at the end. No real warnings, do not own, etcetera, so let's get this show on the road and please enjoy the final chapter of Child of Promises. :)

***

When Yuffie and Xion get to the chamber, it's to the site of Roxas and Xemnas fighting, Keyblade and lasers clashing in a brilliant shower of sparks that leave both girls breathless. Xion looks over and sees the remaining boys, steady watching with Sora crouched down; he is either getting ready to lunge or is subconsciously trying to get away from the pure energy that Roxas is throwing off. Riku is just sitting there stunned, not aware of his surroundings at the moment and appearing weakened by whatever it was that happened and Xion snatches the moment of weakness for what it is, eyes lighting up as her magic latches on to the wolfman.

Riku's eyes glow white and he stumbles to his feet as if he was a puppet being lifted up by strings, hair bristling and claws extending as he bares his teeth. Xion flicks her wrist up and Riku leaps, latching onto the orange eyed man's back. Xemnas grunts in pain, throwing the werewolf off at the cost of new tears in his cloak from those claws. He looks down apathetically and catches Xion's eye, raising a silver brow.

"Number Thirteen...I see you saved me the time of hunting you down myse-urk!"

He feels the stab to his back and turns rapidly, a laser coming around and hitting Roxas in the side. This causes the blond to slam into the wall, cracking it. Roxas cries out before glittering silver eyes glare at Xemnas.

"You maybe have been a child of Oath and Oblivion, but that doesn't mean you know how to use that power," Xemnas says with narrowed eyes before swinging and knocking Riku away when he tries to lunge, "you are not worthy to use that Sword boy."

Yuffie glares up at the dark man as she runs over to Sora, eyes gold to match the brunet who's hair was getting progressively darker the angrier he gets. She pulls a healing potion out of a pouch on her hip and hands it to him, Sora snatching it from her and pulling the cork out with his teeth before throwing his head back to gulp it down.

"He's a really powerful Mage, I'm not sure we're gonna be able to beat him General," she said grimly.

Sora shakes his head and crushes the glass potion bottle in his hand, "powerful or not, he's gonna regret messing with what's mine. Stay down here for support." He spreads his wings and flies up, his sword flashing into his hand as he goes to fight.

Xemnas looks down and sees Sora coming at him, raising a brow, "you still defend him? You are not meant for this world," he goes to swing one of his sabers at him, but gets blocked by Roxas, eyes narrowed.

"You will not harm him!" Roxas parries the attack and swings up, slashing Xemnas across his chest, "you will not harm anyone ever again!"

Xemnas' eyes widen when he sees an image of another blond man with great white wings, "it can't be?!!"

Riku leaps onto his back and digs his claws into Xemnas' shoulders to keep his perch and make Xemnas unable to move quickly, snarling viciously while Sora comes up. Roxas flies out of the way and gives Sora the chance to slash down, making an X on Xemnas' chest.

"Ah!" Xemnas shoves them away with force, whipping around in the air to get Riku off him before Sora comes down with intent to cut his head off. Xemnas flips out of the way and kicks one of his wings, snapping a bone and causing the golden eyed demon to screech.

Yuffie throws a healing potion to Sora while Roxas charges, landing three hits before flying out of the way before Xemnas can retaliate. Xemnas yelps when Riku leaps up and slashes him across his back, causing the dark-skinned man to loose his balance and fall to the ground.