Chapter thirteen

I'm in a pretty good mood today, so I'm not leaving off on that cliff hanger. Here's another chapter, so let's get this show on the road, and please, enjoy. :)

.o.o.o.0.0.0.o.0.0.0.o.o.o.

Sora flies high in the air, vision scanning over the town with growing worry. He has long since left Radiant Garden after checking to see if Roxas was home before winging over to the casino in Hallow Bastion, but he still hasn't found hide nor hair of the blond.

He is just flying by the warf when he catches sight of a wave of water, too concentrated to be natural, and flies down to investigate. He lands on a building nearby and his eyes widen as he surveys the scene going on below.

A black hair girl with shining eyes stands behind a blond man with an instrument; a puppeteer and a merman, respectively. Roxas is staying close to a taller red head who is apparently fighting off a batch of dusks if the chakrams being thrown around is anything to go by, while a blue haired mage stands off to the side. Sora only gets to hear the tail piece of the conversation, and the words from the mage chills the brunet to the bone.

"A very low move Xion...but two can play that game..."

His eyes bulge out of his head as Roxas stiffens, standing like a soldier at attention.

"Roxas," he hears the mage say as he waves a hand at the frozen blond, "I command you to reveal your true nature and attack her!"

Sora growls and prepares to jump down there to intervene, when pain suddenly shoots through his head as if he'd been shot. He sees the book wielding mage blanch, confusion flashing across his face as he mutters something. Sora has no time to catch what it is however as Roxas begins a blood curdling scream. Sora falls to his knees, covering his ears as a strange and somehow familiar burning fills his chest, his power flaring at the same time Roxas is encompassed in black magic.

Roxas' two companions cry out his name and Sora sees the puppeteer lose control of the merman. The 'puppet' in question blinks in bewilderment before his jaw drops at the sight of the black bubble, which pops at that moment to reveal an unrecognizable man.

The black haired man's gold eyes flick over to the astonished mage and he tilts his head as if studying the bluenet. Those eyes continue to take in everyone present in something akin to boredom, but Sora can feel through his and Roxas' feeble connection that the man is pissed. Roxas suddenly locks eyes with Sora and his lips turn up, eyes gaining a cold glint in them before turning back to the mage.

"I'm afraid...that you've just made a big. mistake."

"Roxas?" The red haired man asks, eyes wide as saucers.

Roxas ignores him, his hand casually reaching out to his side, "a mistake that you will live to regret."

A weapon flashes in his hand, black and purple with a giant blue gem embedded in the hilt. Sora inhales as he sees the ghost of a woman behind the man, a woman that he has only seen in pictures.

"The Oblivion Keyblade..." the mage says, stepping back as a look of fear and shock breaks through his cool mask, "only one person was able to wield it! It's not possible! You are-!"

Roxas lunges in a black blur, appearing in a blink as he strikes the mage across the chest. The mage gets flung back into a wall, the impact leaving a crater as a line of splintering wood from the pier follows in his wake. Sora as well as the remaining participants gape at the power behind the blow, power that a spawn would not be capable of, normally. Roxas' face shows no emotion as he continues his assault, nearly cutting the mage into ribbons before the merman finally snaps out of his daze to help him.