Chapter four

For the first time since Roxas was twelve, he doesn't wake up from any wet dreams. As a matter of fact, he doesn't dream at all that he's aware of. When he wakes he only recalls floating in a cool darkness, but that was it. He groans and rubs his pounding head, wondering what had hit him. He opens his eyes and blinks rapidly, realizing something in a span of five seconds: this isn't his room.

Roxas' room is messy, like this one, but Roxas' room has brown walls and star themed items in it. This room is light blue, with clouds and wooden boats hanging off the ceiling and on the selves; more ocean themed than celestial.

'Okay Roxas, what happened last night?' He asks himself mentally, 'I was working at The Joint, I had one glass of alcohol...but I was working and that's not enough to make me black out right?'

Slowly some details come back to him. He was walking home, had gotten followed by...damn it he can't remember who. The only thing he really remembers is pain and terror and after that...nothing.

Roxas gets broken out of his train of thought by the sound of arguing; one aggravated male voice he doesn't recognize, a calmer, more feminine voice, and one male voice that seems vaguely familiar with an edge in it.

Roxas pulls the comforter back, sighing a little in relief that he still has clothes on; at least that shows the people who brought him didn't intend to do anything horrible. Roxas stands up on the carpeted floor, swaying slightly and putting a hand to his head when his vision swims before managing to stand upright without any trouble.

He quietly opens the door and tiptoes down the hall, coming to a set of stairs. He stands at the top of them, the voices ringing in clear by now as he listens.

"I can't believe you brought this guy here Sora! How many times do I have to tell you not to bring home stray humans?!" The first voice says.

"I keep telling you, he isn't human!" The other voice, most likely Sora, snaps back, "I saw him with my own eyes! He was covered in dark magic and took down three Vamps! Don't you-"

"Sora, he. Is. A. Human! I don't know what you think you saw, but he doesn't have anything that shows otherwise, not even a scent!"

"Riku, Sora, calm down. He can hear us." Says a fourth voice, another female by the sound of it.

Roxas feels his heart leap in his throat. 'Shit! How does she know where I am?!'

The gentle sound of wheels on hardwood is heard before a thin girl with butter blonde hair and big royal blue eyes appears at the bottom of the stairs, wearing a simple short white dress with a sweet smile softly gracing her pretty face.

"It's okay dear, you can come down; we won't hurt you."

Roxas nods before coming down the stairs at a hesitant pace, vertigo returning though it was better than before. He stops at the bottom and gazes warily around.

The living room is a descent size, with a brown leather couch and an average sized flat screen near the the stairs, the front door to the left of them, and another hallway in between. There's a kitchen across from him, separated from the living room by an island and dining table with chairs around it. He finds himself wanting to explore, to see all there is to see in the house, but since he's a guest he doesn't want to be rude.

The clearing of a throat snaps Roxas' attention away from the house to the people themselves. The one that cleared his throat seems to be the tallest of the group; not as tall as Axel, but a head taller than Roxas and the others in the room. He has silver hair that reaches past his shoulders and aqua eyes that have a hard and distrusting edge to them. He wears a black sleeveless shirt like Roxas, only the bottom of the zipper is undone enough to expose a bit of his stomach, and a yellow and beige jacket over it with baggy grey jeans.