Chapter six

Later that night, Roxas is working at The Joint again, this time as a dealer at one of the many poker tables. He's one of the few dealers that plays fair more often than not, compared to the rest of the houses that will rig the game. See, Luxord has a policy with the games, which basically is if the player can't prove it, it never happened.

Yeah, Roxas wasn't joking when he said that the man's morals were questionable.

The thing that proved that at least some of that night happened was Luxord bringing up the broken glass as well as the blond's distraction, so Roxas is to work the poker tables anytime Sora is working so as to not have anymore mishaps. Roxas isn't as spacy this time, and braces himself whenever Sora is on stage so he can't do anything like he did last night. That doesn't stop him from becoming enraptured when the brunet does preform.

It's not like he can help it though, even with his mind muddled with everything that happened -- which he is still having a hard time rationalizing exactly what happened -- when Sora walks on that stage his mind clouds for entirely different reasons. He can't help but admit that the man on stage is beautiful in his own right. In daylight, he looks like an angel; Cherubic, sweet and innocent. During that time, Roxas does find it hard to believe that Sora is doing this kind of thing. But at night, when he steps on stage...

Sora is breathtaking, wearing a similar outfit to the night before, a blue shirt this time to bring out the blue in his eye and instead of a red demon mask, the mask he wears looks something like a shadowed mage. The masks are childish, to a degree, but the fact they hide Sora's eyes gives him a mysterious quality that adds to his role somehow. During the time that Sora is on stage, he is no angel; he is a seductor, a little devil that gets a big kick out of leading you on with his charms. And when he manages to meet Roxas' eyes, hips swaying to a sped up beat of Beautiful Stranger by Madonna, he feels like he and Sora are the only ones in the room; Roxas' own private show as the brunet gives him a playful smirk.

Xigbar wasn't wrong in the fact that they would get a lot more patrons with Sora preforming. All business comes to a halt when Sora goes up on stage however, with the brunet being the most requested for the shows. Roxas feels a odd twisting in his gut when he thinks about all those men and woman oogling Sora, a feeling he would later equate to jealousy when he thinks about it, but he knows he has no right to the exotic dancer. That doesn't necessarily halt the anger he feels when one of the drunks decide to be bold and try to grab Sora.

Thankfully, or perhaps not depending on how you look at it, Sora is a major tease and manages to get away with barely a brush of a finger, giving the leches a coy smile and a finger wag as if chastising a naughty child. The perverts never take offence to it oddly enough and Sora manages to saunter off stage with a butt load of money without removing a single piece of clothing. Nobody seems to mind though, which is also strange, but not unwelcome by the spiky haired twenty year old.

Roxas doesn't see him till the end off work, once again having to work late because even though there were a lot of customers, Roxas hardly got any money until the stage closed. When he walks out, he sees Sora leaning up against his car and gives the brunet a brow lift when the other man smiles excitedly at him. Sora walks up to him, thumbs tucked into the waist band of his pants and Roxas can't help but feel a flutter in his chest at the picture Sora makes; giving off the impression of complete relaxation and carelessness.

Sora chuckles and it takes a moment for Roxas to realize that he's staring. He clears his throat and says maybe a bit gruffer than he intended, "what do you want? Shouldn't you be home by now?"

The smile never leaves Sora's face as he shrugs, pulling one hand off his pants to twirl a set of keys around his finger, "figured you might need a ride home, since it's late and all."