Chapter twenty-four

Yuffie walks around the main warehouse, eyes narrowed and glowing a bright gold as she hunts for any secret entrances. She goes around a pile of boxes before pushing them aside, revealing a hatch.

"Found it," she whispers smuggly, "just gotta cause a distraction yeah?"

She looks over at Axel and Leon, both men nodding in understanding. Aerith and Xion nod as well as they stand behind them, waiting to charge down into battle. Yuffie takes a few steps back and throws a kunai at the hatch, muttering under her breath and making a cross with her hands before raising her two fingers to her forehead, eyes glowing brighter from magic.

The kunai detonates and blows a big hole in the floor. The group runs down the revealed stairway with the two men calling Sora and Roxas' names. They get to a chamber at the end of the stairs and see a door at the other side.

"I'll take point," Leon says gruffly before a dark portal appears, blocking the way. Two people come out of it and Axel narrows his eyes, the emeralds lighting up ominously.

"You..." he hisses, flames beginning to crackle at his feet.

Larxene and Marluxia smirk, "yes, us" Larxene pulls out eight daggers, brandishing them as she adds, "don't think we didn't notice the fall of our brother traitor."

Marluxia chuckles cruelly as his eyes turn red, "it will be a pleasure to end your existence, Axel and Xion."

"You guys go on ahead," Axel growls, summoning his chakrams, "these guys are nothing to me."

"I'll hold you to that Axel," Leon says, nodding before running on ahead with the others.

Larxene scoffs, "just because you beat one of us, doesn't mean you're invincible spawn," she scorns, lightning crackling around her fingers as she bares her fangs at him.

Axel smirks, twirling his weapons idly as he replies, "never said I was invincible, but I know for a fact that vampires don't do too good around heat," his eyes flash dangerously, "and even if I'm half human, there's no way in hell that I'm walking out of here without Roxas, got it memorized?"

Marluxia summons his scythe, brandishing it behind him as he sneers, "then prepare to not walk out at all, Flurry of Dancing Flames."

And so the battle of Axel verses Marluxia and Larxene commences.

.o.o.o.0.0.0.o.0.0.0.o.o.o.

Leon's group runs through a long tunnel before coming to a stop at a chamber filled with water. Leon growls, his tail falling out of his pants and swishing behind him in agitation as two more members in black cloaks stand on an island on the other side of the chamber, blocking the door.

Zexion looks up from the book he is reading and tilts his head, "hm, you seem to be missing one..." he shrugs in disinterest, "whatever, it is unlikely that we will let you pass."

Xion steps forward, glaring angrily at the two men, "I believe you will; Zexion and Demyx."

The mullet head, Demyx widens his eyes, "Xion? You came out of retirement? I thought controlling me was just a one time thing!"

Zexion sighs, "Demyx, you need to become more aware when it comes to these thing instead of focusing so much on your music."

"Hey!"

"Regardless," The bluenet closes his book and holds it to his chest, narrowing his eyes at the group, "we cannot allow you to interrupt the ritual; we are at the start of a world changing break through and such a thing cannot be disturbed."