Play 10 (Unedited)

Yow! Short update dear readers. READ TILL THE END OF THIS CHAPTER.

Start of 4th quarter.....

[ Chiyori's P.O.V. ]

This is so not happening.

Mitobe and Tsuchida were injured and were sent in the clinic through the stretchers. And now.....

Kiyoshi's injury was worsening and he needed to be tended immediately. The problem is....

We lacked in men in our team because of the unexpected incidents happened. We need another player to play the game but again, the problem is we don't have any substitutes left in the bench.

I stared down worriedly at Kiyoshi who was sitting on the seat and pain was clearly evident on his face.

The team crowded around us and were wearing the same expression of worry.

"Where's Riko?" Hyuuga asked without averting his eyes away from Kiyoshi.

"She's currently talking to the committee now. I guess the game will be postponed due to the situation," I answered as I massaged my forehead. The spectators were starting to murmur like bees on their seats and was concluding the same thing. Why now?

"Boys, I have an announcement," Riko spoke suddenly behind us and we turned around to face her.

"The game will not be postponed despite of the situation since Kiyoshi insisted to play but of course we need time to tend over his injury and we need a substitute player for that but as you can see, all of them were in the clinic. I suggested something and we had discussed over the matter together with the Yosen's coach. The committee and coach Araki agreed with it," she explained.

She walked towards my direction or should I directly say, towards me. She stood in my front with a dead serious face, put a hand on my shoulder and looked straight into my eyes. "Chiyori..." she trailed off. "Get the extra uniform. You're playing."

Loading....

Loading....

Loading....

Processing received data...

Analyzing....

Done....

"WHAT?!?!" everyone exclaimed, completely surprise even myself was surprise as hell.

I stared at her with eyes so wide it might jump out of my skull and blinked and blinked and blinked all over again. "Huh? Are you fucking kidding me?"

"Sorry for the interruption but are you Kagami Chiyori? The temporary substitute of Kiyoshi Teppei?" we shifted our gaze behind Riko and a guy which I think was part of the committee was standing and staring at me.

"Umm... Yes," I replied, still confused of the situation.

"Do you agree to be a temporary substitute for Kiyoshi Teppei until he came back to the game after tending on his injury?"

I frowned at him. "What do you-" Riko gripped my shoulders that I felt the bones just cracked. I immediately said a quick... "Yes!" and the guy nodded. "Be ready," was his last words and walked back to their tables.

Everyone was staring at me while I stared dumbly at them, absorbing every detail of the unbelievable and absurd situation I was facing right now in my mind.

"Chiyori's playing? I can't believe it," Izuki mumbled.

"Why don't they postpone the game instead?" Hyuuga asked at the coach.