Play 23

Yes. I made an update.

[ Chiyori's P.O.V ]

To say I was shocked was an understatement. I was so shocked that I turned into a stone statue in an instant and my brother had to drag my embarrassing ass into the train station.

And so the whole ride on the train was consisted of my blushing face, Kuroko's knowing stare and Aniki's furrowed eyebrows.

"Don't look at me like I'm a criminal!" I snapped, looking away to hide the persistent blush I had on my face.

"I can smell something fishy," Aniki stated suspiciously.

I turned my back on them quietly, making myself even more suspicious and guilty. "That was just your nose being close to your mouth."

"I didn't mean it that way!" He yelled.

"Stop shouting Kagami-kun. You're disturbing the other passengers," Kuroko scolded and that shut my brother's mouth.

There was a moment of silence before Kuroko's voice broke it. "You and Aomine-kun are getting along with each other," he stated and the slight teasing tone on his voice wasn't missed by me.

I scoffed. "If 'getting along' means we always fight and throw insults at each other, then we're obviously getting along better than you expected."

"And you're calling each other at first name basis," My brother butted in.

I rolled my eyes even though he couldn't see it. "I call him by his last name," I corrected.

"And he calls you by your first name," he added.

My face reddened and I suddenly remembered Aomine saying my name.

"Goodluck with the game Chiyori."

Yeah. No big deal.

But I just couldn't believe he just said my name, d*mn it! It's the f*cking first time!

As we all knew, Aomine never called me by my first name so this was extremely shocking. I was becoming used to the annoying nicknames that calling me with my name sounded so unnatural.

"E-Everyone does!" I exclaimed in frustration, snapping my head to their direction with a red and angry face. "It's no big deal and instead of wasting your energy to piss me off, spare it for the match this afternoon!"

That seemed to shut them up and their faces became serious.

"We're going to play against Kise huh..." Aniki mumbled and Kuroko made a subtle nod.

"We haven't devised a strategy on how to stop Kise's perfect copy," I muttered, thinking about Kise's match against Haizaki. "That technique's going to be troublesome."

It was indeed a troublesome ability. Haizaki's attempts to defeat Kise by stealing even his teammates skills made him look pitiful and laughable and on top of that, his ability was horrible.

But...

"You know..." I trailed off, staring outside the window. "I kind of hate Kise's ability, though not as much as I hate Haizaki's."

I saw in my pheripheral vision that they both paused and looked at me, surprised.

"Of course, because it is going to be a difficult game. But you know it's not going to be fun if it's not going to be hard," Aniki's voice was filled with excitement.

He sounds like a freakin' sadist.

"What you said is true," I said and shot him a look. "But you didn't get what I mean. I hate Kise's ability not because it's troublesome but because it lacks originality."