Chapter 15☩ He showed up ☩

"Why bother about that?" Fujiyama sensei raises an eyebrow. "Look, Yamaguchi sensei, he's not a high school student anymore... he's not your student anymore."

"B-but still... he was one of my precious students..." Yankumi tried to reason.

"Oh c'mon! Don't reason me with that crap." Fujiyama face palm. "That was like 4-5 years ago!"

The other customers turned their heads in their direction. Yankumi bowed at them with an embarrass smile while mouthing 'gomenasai'. Her friend was a little bit tipsy now after her sixth bottle of sake. They have been here for almost two hours.

"Keep it down, Fujiyama sensei." She whispered.

"Yeah, just drink!" she raise her cup for a toss. Yankumi joined her and that's the end of her ninth bottle. She was little tipsy but had more control of her alcohol tolerance compared to her friend; Fujiyama's kind of wasted already.

Fujiyama was about to order another bottle of sake when her mobile phone vibrates. Instead of calling the waiter, she answered her phone.

"Hello?" she said in a sleepy voice. "Oh, yeah. I'm with a friend..."

Yankumi was silently watching her friend. She felt relieved when she answered her phone and didn't call the waiter. She didn't want her to have a seventh bottle of sake. And tenth bottle was her limit, too.

"Ehh? Really? You're gonna fetch me, Shiro-kun?" Fujiyama giggled excitedly. "Alright, I'm gonna send you my location. See yah!"

Upon hearing the name Shiro, Yankumi shifted her gaze towards her. She felt her heart almost getting a heart attack. Her memory of that night immediately occupied her mind – flashing every detail and words spoken.

Fujiyama hung up with a wide smile only to fade when she saw Yankumi – wide eyes and aghast. She furrowed her brows in confusion.

"What happened to you?" she asked.

Yankumi suddenly snapped back to reality. She blinked her eyes twice. And shake her head slightly.

"Remembered something?" Fujiyama smirked.

"No!" Yankumi protested but her red face gave her away. She filled her cup and drank it harshly. She spilled some sake on her cheeks.

"Woah!" Fujiyama blurted. "Careful, I thought you had more control when drinking."

"Yeah, this is nothing." Yankumi said in a cocky tone while wiping her cheeks.

"Hmm?" Fujiyama eyed her like she was examining a boy she likes. Then a smug smile slips on her face.

"W-what?" Yankumi nervously asked. She doesn't like it when her friend had that smile on her face. She instantly thought that she'd do something ridiculous again.

"Did you think I was talking to Shin, to Sawada Shin?" she giggled.

Yankumi choked on her cup of sake. Hearing that name makes her heart jump. Making her flustered and lose her composure.

"T-that's not it." She answered, stuttering.

"That's my new boyfriend, by the way. He's Shiro-kun from East University." Fujiyama said with a sweet smile. "He'll be here to fetch me, how about you? How do you go back?"

"Don't worry about me. I'm fine," she gave her reassuring smile.

"Are you sure?" she furrowed her brows, a concerned look.