Chapter 20 ☩ Kazama Ren part2 ☩

Tap. Tap. Tap.

Click. Clack. Click. Clack. Click. Clack.

Tap. Tap. Tap.

SLAM!!!

Click.

"Haa... haa... haa..." Kazama Ren let his body slide at the door while he catch his breath. He was finally home and safe... for now. He slumped to the floor, exhausted. He wiped his sweat on his face then slowly covering it with both hands.

He stayed like that for a few minutes.

"Minna... I'm sorry..." He whispered, as his tears rolled down his face.

------------------------------------------------------------------

"So what if he lives alone?" Yankumi asked. "I don't see any problem with that."

"It will be a big problem if someone knew where he lives now," Shunsuke answered. "Those people might attacked him there and since he was living by himself, no one could protect him there."

"Then we need to guard his house!" Kuraki suggested.

Some of the guys agreed but Yamato tried to stop them. "Listen guys, if some of us went there and someone saw it, then we are just endangering Ren."

"Then, what should we do?" the guys look at each other.

"Don't worry about staking-out Ren's place," Yankumi told them with great reassurance. "I'll have someone do that –"

"Leave that to me." Sawada cut her off mid-sentence. "Yankumi, don't involve your family with this. That will just create another problem."

There was a long pause after what Sawada have just said. Yankumi stared at him and suddenly realized his point.

"Y-you're right," Yankumi uttered while nodding a bit.

Odagiri walk beside Yankumi. "Kumiko-san, I can help by asking around with what really happened. Like investigating the real cause of all of this, aside from the police doing their own investigations."

"We could help with that." Yamato and Shunsuke raised their hands.

"All right." Yankumi let a deep sigh. "You can help your friend, but remember to be careful and not to do anything stupid. Another problem would be such a mess."

"Hai!" everyone agreed to their teacher.

Odagiri felt a little happy when Yankumi patted his shoulder and gave him a smile and nod. That was the first time that she relied to him.