Chapter 9 ☩ Red Guy ☩

"I'm home!" Yankumi said as she removes her shoes on their doorstep.

Two huge guys rushed to her and greeted her in a loud voice. "Welcome home, Ojou!"

"Where's Grandfather and the others?" she asked as she entered their house.

"Boss and Wakamatsu-san had a meeting today." Tetsu answered.

"Huh? How about Kyo-san?" Yankumi ask again.

Minuro beamed with excitement. "Ah, he went out to his favorite bar with Shi –!" he was about to say the name but Tetsu covered his mouth.

"Sh? What?" Yankumi was curious.

Tetsu glared at Minuro then smiled with Yankumi. "He went to the karaoke bar to have fun and sing! That's it! It's to sing!"

"Ehh? Really?" Yankumi was surprised. "And I thought he dislikes karaoke bars... why the sudden change?"

"Ah... uh... b-because... h-he just said he wanted to t-try it!" Tetsu was so nervous he stuttered.

"Really huh? Okay, I'm going to my room now." Yankumi said then headed to her room.

As soon as Yankumi was out of their sight, they felt so relieved.

"Bakayaro!" Tetsu whispered to his buddy then gave him a good slap.

Minuro hold his head. "I was just too excited to tell Ojou about red guy..."

"Listen here, idiot." Tetsu whispered again while checking their surroundings. "Did you forget what he asked earlier?"

Minuro move his brows like he was thinking something. "Ah! Yeah!" he blurted.

SLAP!

He was slapped again by Tetsu. "Stupid! Lower your voice!"

Minuro nods several times.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Yankumi entered her room, she dropped her bag on the floor and throws her body on the soft bed. She removes her glasses and stared at the ceiling.

She closed her eyes and tried to remember the familiar guy she tried to chases.

She recalled everything from the beginning, from the moment she saw the figure up to the time she bumped into Odagiri-kun.

What was that?

Did I really mistake someone as him?

Yankumi let out a long sigh.

No.

I might be imagining things...

It might be because... I miss him...

She closed her eyes again and fell asleep.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Tetsu-san! Minuro-san!" a voice was calling those two in the entrance of their house.

The two henchmen rushed immediately to help the young man who's carrying Kyo-san. Their boss was so drunk; he could not even carry his body home.

"I'm sorry for the trouble – " Tetsu bowed at the young guy while Minuro carried their boss inside the house.

"It's okay, Tetsu-san..." the young guy said as he bowed his head too.

"It's late now, will you have some tea inside? As an apology in carrying our boss?" Tetsu asked the young guy.

"Yes." He replied with a slight smile.

Tetsu and the young guy were having a good tea and nice conversation when the Boss chief and Wakamatsu-san arrived home.

"Oh! It's been a while red guy." Wakamatsu-san said when he saw the young guy.

"Boss! Welcome home!" Tetsu bowed his head.

The young man bowed his head to Wakamatsu-san and the Kuroda Chief. They continued to drink tea and have good conversations with each others.

Few hours later, the young man bid his farewell to the Kuroda family.

"I should be going now.... Thank you for having me here." He said then bowed his head.

"Won't yah stay the night?" Wakamatsu-san asked.

He shook his head then smiled. "Maybe some other time, Wakamatsu-san. I have some important appointments tomorrow."

"Okay, young man. Take care on your way." The Chief pat his shoulder.

"Yes. Thank you." He said and bowed again before moving towards the gate.

They all watched the young man walked through the main gate. When the young man was gone, Minuro asked, "Boss, why aren't we allowed to mention him to Ojou?"

Tetsu suddenly turn around and glared at his buddy.

Minuro shook his head like he was surrendering.

"You know... it is not like we are hiding this to Kumiko. But we thought it is better for the young man to explain his self to her." Wakamatsu-san said while gazing on the Chief. The chief nods his head in agreement to what he said.

"You hear that?" Tetsu asked his buddy.

"Hai." Minuro nodded his head in agreement.