Chapter 8 ☩Let's hang out again☩

[BACK TO PRESENT]

"Ne, Fuji..." Yankumi glanced at her dog beside her. "Let's go home."

Fuji stands up then walks beside her. The sun was really up and it keeps getting warmer. Good thing it was a holiday so normally, people will be up later than usual.

They were finally walking outside the old school when someone on a bike stopped beside them. "Eh? Yankumi?"

Yankumi stopped walking and turn to that familiar voice. "K-Kuma?!"

"Yo! Long time no see." Kuma said while smiling widely.

Yankumi smiled dearly. She missed her first students. And this is giving her nostalgic memories knowing she just visited their old school.

"Good morning, Kuma." She said. "Oh, where are you going this early in the morning?"

"I'm delivering these dango near this place. How about you and your dog? Are you walking him?" Kuma ask.

"Ah... yeah." Yankumi said as she glanced on Fuji who was sitting quietly beside her.

"Oh, I almost forgot!" Kuma said while searching for something on his bag. "Here, this is for you."

He gave her a small blue envelope. She was surprised when she opened it. It was a birthday invitation of Kuma's son.

"Be sure to be there huh, Yankumi!" Kuma threatened her.

"Yeah, sure!" Yankumi said while laughing.

After that, Kuma left her to deliver his dangos. Somehow, she felt lonely and happy seeing her former student after so many years. She wondered if her other students are doing fine just like Kuma.

When she looked at the card again, she paused for a moment. It's like she realized something so important.

"Oh crap!" she slapped her forehead. "What kind of gift should I buy this time?!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ah, thank you for coming here, Fujiyama-sensei. I'm sorry for bothering you..." Yankumi said then bowed to her former co-teacher. They meet at a cozy coffee shop.

Yesterday, she called Fujiyama-sensei to ask for help about the gift for Kuma's son. They are free this time so they agreed to meet the next day.

"It's okay, you know... Yamaguchi-sensei," Fujiyama said while smiling happily. "It's been so long since we meet each other, so."