Chapter 7 ☩ Oedo Family ☩

"Urgh..." Sawada groaned when he suddenly roll over his body to hide from the ray of sunlight which hit his face. He touches his body where it hurts to ease the pain when he notices that it was wrapped with bondages.

He slowly opened his eyes and begins to wonder around this 'strange' room as soon as his sight adapted to the light.

Where am I?

He thought. Then he tried to get up from the futon. His body still hurts but he could he can move it now. He walks towards the window.

Ah. It's morning already. I wonder how many hours did I sleep.

He looks carefully outside for hope that he could see something that's familiar to him. But no matter where he looks, this place is a total stranger to him.

This feels strange but I need to get out of here...

He slowly opens the door and check if there are people outside. He waited for 5 minutes just to make sure that no one is looking for him.

Okay. This settles it. No one's around.

He thought and then he walks slowly and quietly, avoiding creating some noise that someone might notice him. He's about to reach the corner when someone speaks behind.

"Oi! Where do you think you're going, huh?!" the deep-voiced man grab him on the shoulder.

Crap! Why now?

Sawada grabbed the man's arm and tried to pull him against the wall but he failed. He fell down because his injured right arm hurts so much. And his body was in deep pain.

"Hahh... looks like your injuries are not yet healed, no?" the huge guy said then grabs him up even though he was in pain. He tried his stance to counter fight but the huge guy pinned him against the wall.

"Urghh!" Sawada groaned.

"Oi, Tetsu! What's up with the noise this early in the morning?" a guy from behind walks towards them. He was holding his cigarette.

Tetsu, who was looking surprised and scared, releases Sawada from pinning him against the wall. "Ah... it was nothing 'young chief'. I was just checking this kid if his okay or not." He was sweating so hard even though it's cold.

"Is that so? But it looks like the kid was in great pain." The guy with the cigarette said then moves closer to Tetsu. He examined Sawada for a moment then he glared at Tetsu.

"I- I didn't do anything to him 'young chief'. I swear I was just trying to calm him down because he was trying to escape!" Tetsu said.