22

"Garrett." I cried into his shoulder as we looked over the results. I wasn't healing like they said I was. They lied to me. He was upset as well.
Multiple doctors come into the room and stand beside each other.

"We're sorry for the news." One doctor says. "I suggest spending your last month doing everything on your bucket list."

"I need... Space." I looked to everyone, including Garrett. They leave the room and I'm left alone, a crying, dying, mess of a person.

"Y/N?" I heard a voice ring through my ears. I opened my eyes but didn't see anyone around me. I wiped away the tears as they continued to fall down my face.

"What!?" I called out. No response...
the voice belonged to someone I know, somebody I'm close with, I just can't tell who.

"Babe, I can't sit out there and hear you cry." Garrett wraps his arms around me as tears swell up mine and his eyes.

"Garrett, I wanna go see my family before I die." I sniffed and started to change out of the gown I was currently in. Me and Garrett run out of the office and to the car.
"No packing, no planing, just drive." I order and buckle myself up into the car. Garrett chuckled and looked over to me.

"You're insane, but I love it." He kissed my cheek and pulled out of the parking lot.

————

We've been in the car for over 14 hours. I wanna go home.

Me and Garrett check into a hotel in my home town. We snuggle into bed and stare longingly into each other's eyes. "I love you so." I kiss him passionately. He returns the kiss as a response. We both pull away, staring at each other again. "I'm exhausted... But we're going to see them tomorrow!" I reply, snuggling up to Garrett.

We awoke in the same position we fell asleep. I peck his cheek and sit up from the bed. We had no clothes other than the ones we bought yesterday. Which consisted of multiple t-shirts and one pair of Jeans. I change quickly and do my hair up in a messy bun.
"Let's go Princess." Garrett kisses my head as he grabbed my bag.

We walk out of the hotel after paying and get into the car. "My parents live somewhere odd..." I say, trying too remember where they lived.

Shane

I stared at Drew as he continued to talk about his trip with Garrett coming up and how he an Y/N met.
"I love her, she seems chill and funny." Drew laughed and pulled up his Onesie.

"She is, she's a real one." I say as the sound of a text message dinged from my phone.

Garrett
Y/N just got told she has a month to live, we're currently in her home town searching for her parents. Drew isn't responding to any of my texts, tell him we're going to push back the trip till next week.

Shane
Course. Tell Y/N I miss her and Im sorry.

Garrett
Will do, she misses you too!

I told Drew the news and saw the shocked expression wash over his body. "Y/N's dying?" He asked all serious. I nod and put my hands to my mouth.

"We've known for about two months. She's not getting any better." I explained. I not only wanted to change the subject because it was uncomfortable, but because I was on the verge of crying. I've gotten so close to Y/N and hearing that she only has a month to live breaks me.

Ryland

I re-read the message Y/N sent me explaining her current position with her illness. Tears fell from my eyes a the memory of us first meeting.
I run down the stairs to see Shane and Drew with glossy eyes. How could this be happening? Y/N is such a beautiful being and she's one of the luckiest people, but when it comes to this, she's so unlucky.

Morgan
"Okay, Okay, Bye Sierra." I hang up the phone and exit my room to see a crying group session in the living room. I walk over and see Ryland crying the most.

"Morgan, she has a month." Ryland says and hugs me. I was confused, who has one month? And to do what?

"Who has one month? And for what?" I asked, feeling a tab but stupid for my question.

"Y/N, she has a month left to live." Shane says in a whisper filled with respect. I sat on the couch, head in hands, crying with disbelief.

"I cannot believe this." I cried and looked up to them all with the same emotion as me.

"We can't either, but it's what her destiny has chosen. There's no possible way we could fix this even if we tried, Morgan." Shane says, pulling me into a side hug.

Garrett

I stare to my beautiful girlfriend who stared at every house we drove past. It's been an hour and she still hasn't found the house, and every time she goes to knock on a door it turns up empty. "Garrett! I'm never going to find them!"

"Yes you will, trust me! Have a positive attitude!" I chuckled and turned up the radio for her. I know how much she loves music.

I heard sobbing coming from my beautiful girlfriend that sat next to me. I pulled over next to a grey house that was modern style. I held Y/N's face in my hands with gentle hands.

"I love you so much, Y/N." I spoke to her with a voice of hurt. "We will find your family if it's the last thing we do. I'm not giving this up. I know how much you want to see them again." Her cries slowed down as I spoke.

"I don't deserve someone like you Gar. You're all I could ever ask for." She smiled as I wipe away the tears on her face.

"Trust me, you deserve the hell out of me. You're the most exotic and unique person I've ever met. It's me who doesn't deserve you."