16

"I wasn't raised very well by my family. They taught me to do very bad things. When my mom and dad divorced when I was 6 we all went through grief. Nobody was expecting it to happen. Turns out my dad was cheating on my mom almost the whole time they were married...

Later on, my mother decided to get re-married when I was about 8. She met this really cool guy named Landon. He was nice at first and always gave us respect. But later on when things became more serious with my mother and him, he would... abuse me and her. Both with sexual harassment and leaving bruises on our bodies. My mom turned sour and was afraid to leave the guy. And on some nights she would join in on... Abusing me...

But when I finally entered middle school I met this super cool dude named Tom. We got real tight and I thought I could trust him with anything. I had told him about my step dad and what he was doing to me and my mother. I even showed him the bruises. The next week, I came home and saw police cars surrounding my house. I walked inside and saw my mother being held back as my step dad was being taken away. I stared at him with wide eyes as he passed by me.

Tom ended up telling me it was him that told the teacher and they told the police. I was pissed out of my mind but I knew he did the right thing. We ended up going to the same high school and started dating in our second year. He was my first kiss... and you know... My first hook up. Long story short I had a child later on. Her name was Lilia..." I started. My eyes started watering as I got to her name.
"My sweet innocent Lilia... we were in the car and heading to one of her friends parties after school. I had asked her to get me my phone because I needed to check if Tom had texted me about picking her up. That's when I started receiving a call. When I went to press answer... Another drunk driver rammed straight into our vehicle, making us flip. And pretty much explode. Then... you came and saved me. I remember you. My poor baby dying in that car though... Me and Tom ended up breaking up because I couldn't handle the constant reminder of Lilia. The crash was three years ago, though that's not why my parents think I'm dead...

That same year my mother got
re-married again to a man named, Dallon. He's amazing. Like a real dude. He's Zakk's father. I was visiting one year and I saw the opposite of what I saw before I left. My mother being happy and nice to her husband and my younger sister. It felt nice there. Though when Dallon turned his back I saw the other side of my mom Again. I decided to flee with my sister again and leave her with my aunt. I couldn't handle having another daughter figure staying at my home with me after the tragic accident with my daughter before. I texted my mother a text pretending I was a doctor or something, telling her me and my sister died. It was hard to send but I knew it had to be done. Having her think I'm still alive and her Hunting me down... I couldn't have that. So now... I live in secret, hoping I never did anything big. Like I bet you somehow those videos on Shane's channel might be spread around to her. But if she finds out I'm alive she might not even care anymore." I wiped away the left over tears and squeezed Garret's hand. He rubbed his thumb over my scars and looked to the door.

"Now I understand... But why wouldn't you just tell me in the first place? That's what I'm here for, to care for you and listen to your problems." Garrett replied and kissed my forehead. I rolled my eyes as a response.

"I didn't tell you because I felt like it's a loaded story. I love you Garrett and I wanted to make sure I didn't overwhelm you with my past. I come with a lot of things..."

"You sure do, but I wanna be the one to make you feel good. I wanna be the one to make you not care about your past anymore, to replace those memories with good ones. I love you too." He smiled and kissed me on the lips once again. It was nice and pure. A knock alarmed both of us as the door slowly opened. One of the doctors looked to me and Garrett with a smirk.

"Sorry to interrupt. I just wanted to notify you both, Y/N will be staying her for another day before being able to leave. The procedure was a hard one and there's still much we want to do. Sadly, Y/N is no cured. We're really hoping that soon she will be. The tests are coming back better than last time and see a great turn around got her. Let's hope for the best." She said and left the room as me and Garrett nod.

"I'm glad you're getting better, princess." He smiled down to me and looked to our hands.
"I don't know what I'd do without you. You're my everything."