Chapter 21

I've been waiting here, in the hospital looking out for Amelia. She's been unconscious for two whole days already and now is the third day of her, unconscious. I thought she'll be awake sooner but I was wrong. The doctor won't tell me what's wrong with Amelia. They kept on saying that she'll be fine.

Useless doctors. How come they don't know how to- "Alpha?" I heard a soft voice called for me and I looked up to see Madison, Amelia's mother. She smiled and said, "I'm here to check on my daughter if that's okay. Alpha, you can go have some rest and eat. Don't worry, she'll be safe here with me, looking after her"

I shook my head, no and she sighed. She caressed Amelia's cheek and her eyes filled with unshed tears.

"Her wolf is helping her to heal though. It's her vampire or maybe human side that's weak. Don't worry, she'll be awake sooner" She said, calmly and I sighed, holding Amelia's hand.

Her temperature are cold and her bones stick out, making her look fragile. She didn't eat for so long that she don't have the energy to do anything anymore. She had been tortured a lot and I failed to protect her from that. I'm a useless mate. I'm not good enough for her.

"Alpha, are you sure you don't want to eat? Amelia wouldn't like it to see you like this. Do you want her to be upset? Just please, at least have some rest and eat, Alpha. I have to go now. I hope you'll take my advice" She said and bowed to me before she walked out of the room. I sighed as I held Amelia's hand and looked at her beautiful face. I wish I could turn back time to change what had happened to her before.

I layed my head on the hospital bed and rubbed her knuckles. "Jayce" someone called for me and I groaned. "Jayce" they called out again and I groaned in frustration. They called out for me again and I said, "Stop bothering me! Didn't I t-" I stopped as soon as I saw Amelia, looking at me.

She smiled at me and coughed. "You need to have some rest. Don't move and talk too much" I told her and she shook her head. I furrowed my eyebrow at her and she sighed, closing her eyes. I pour her a glass of water for her to drink and she smiled as she took it from me before drinking it. She thanked me and I put the glass back on the table.

I caressed her cheek and she gasped, looking at me. I chuckled lowly and she smacked me on my shoulder, lightly. "Don't do that ever again!" She said and I chuckled as I shook my head. I looked at her and her expression were calm, happy.

A smile spread across my face and she grabbed my hand. "Jayce, I'm sorry" she whispered and I looked at her, confused. She didn't made any mistake. I'm the one who's suppose to be apologizing, not her.

I shook my head at her as I asked, "Why are you apologizing?" She turned her face away from me and I could hear her heavy breath. I sighed and made her face me. I kissed her tears away and caressed her cheek as I said, "Shh don't cry. You don't have to apologize to me, Amelia. I'm the one who-"

She cut me off by saying, "No, Jayce. This wouldn't happen to your pack. Your pack are in danger after I came here. I shouldn't have come here in the first place. People got hurt just because they wanted to protect me. They died to protect me. They-" I kissed her on the lips and I pulled back, to look at her face.

She looked down on her lap and I held both of her hand. She hugged me, crying and said, "I'm scared, Jayce" I rubbed her back to comfort her and hugged her protectively. Don't worry, Amelia. I'll protect you. "Help me, Jayce. Help me out of this darkness, tortures and death. I don't want anyone to die for me. Please, just help me!" She cried out loud and my heart dropped, hearing her cry.

I never seen her like this. She looked a bit lost, scared of everything she'd been through. Her life were miserable until now. I hate myself for not protecting her. I hate myself from letting her break down. I hate myself on failing to do what I'm supposed to do as her mate. I hate myself for hurting her. I'm not good enough for her. She's too nice for me. She deserves to be happy. She wanted to live happily like the other normal wolves.

She had to be careful and protect herself from the others. She had to hide her true identity on being the mystical wolf. She had been captured by the bad wolves. She'd been tortured. She'd been in a tough time and I didn't change it for her. I didn't make her happy just like what she wished for. What am I suppose to do now? She deserve someone better than me. She had enough of this tortures already and I will do anything in my power to change that.

I will protect her, even if it would be risking my own life. As long as she's fine, then I'll be happy with that. I will sacrifice myself for her, no matter what. This is not enough. I'm not enough. She need more than this. I know she does.

I ran my hand up and down her spine and she leaned into my touch. Her heart beat rate went back to it's normal pace and I sighed in relief. "I love you, Amelia" I whispered and she didn't reply. I called out her name and still no answer. I pulled back to look at her and a small smile played across my face. She's asleep and she looked calm. I layed her back to the hospital bed and kissed her forehead.

I heard a knock on the door and I let them in. Blake came in, along with the doctor and the doctor bowed his head. I nodded and he asked, "Alpha, did she wake up yet?" I nodded as I sat on the chair, calmly. Blake leaned his back against the wall with his arm crossed above his chest. "I will come back later when she's awake. I'm going now" he said as he bowed at me before walking out of the room.

I looked at Blake, curiously and he sighed, walking towards Amelia. He caressed Amelia's arm and I let him because I know how much he care about his sister. Even though Amelia's not his full blooded sister, he still care for her. I'm happy for her that she had a brother like Blake. I watched every movement Blake made and he stopped when he caught me watching.

"I failed to protect Amelia, my very own sister. I lost her before and I don't want it to happen ever again" he said, lowly. I could tell how sad he looked. "Look what's happening now. She ended up here, in the hospital. I'm not a good brother for her" he continued and I stood from my seat, to walk to his side. I patted him on his shoulder and he turned his head to look at me before I said, "Don't worry, Blake. You're a good brother to her. I'm glad she has a brother who care for her"

A small smile played across his face and I said, "I'm glad that you finally smile, friend" He laughed and shook his head. "I'm going now. Please, take care of my sister" He said and I nodded before he left the room. Blake is my bestfriend since we're a kid. We support each other but sometimes we pissed each other off and we'll do the victory dance like a crazy people we were for pissing off one of us.

He's good at pissing me off and damn, I want to rip his head off of his body. We even made a tree house together. We build the walls, roof and stairs but then we realized that we can't play on it, sit on it, stand on it because there's no floor. I shook my head as I laughed lowly, remembering the past trying to not wake her up. "No! Please don't hurt me! Please! I'm begging you!" Amelia screamed and I rushed beside her.

I took Amelia's hand and wiped her wet cheeks. She screamed and begged non stop. I lean in towards her ear and whispered, "Shh..It's just a dream" Her leg was kicking and her hands were shaking. I held her hand tighter and she screamed before she woke up from her sleep. Her eyes roaming around the room and when her eyes landed on me, she hugged me immediately.

She buried her face on my chest and I smiled. I wish we could be like this forever, only the two of us, alone. No one could touch her. She's mine. Whoever tries to steal her from me will be saying goodbye to the world before I rip their body into pieces. That would happen for sure.